Battlefield 1 Guide: Codex Card Details Explained
Battlefield 1 official release has just been lurking around the corner. Apparently, some of the players had been granted an early access to the game through its Early Enlister Edition or commonly known as the free trial, currently available on EA access. For those players who have already used up their time on the frontlines, they had likely earned a few Codex cards.
According to Game Rant, Codex cards are one of the new additions in the upcoming game. They are intended to reveal the meticulously researched historical backdrop of the game. Based on the report, players will be able to witness an on-screen pop up whenever they unlock a new Codex card and it will add up to their collection.
These Codex cards are somewhat similar to the Grimoire cards found on Destiny game where it gives the game several much-needed story flashbacks. That being said, Bungie has received numerous criticisms for the fact that Grimoire cards are not accessible in-game. It was strange enough that DICE is doing the same decision for their Battlefield 1 title.
Similar to the Grimoire cards, Battlefield 1 players can earn Codex cards through completing various in-game challenges. According to the reports from VG247, these challenges typically relate to increase a particular amount of skills with a certain type of weapon, winning combats on particular maps and completing specific campaign goals. Finishing these challenges will earn individual Codex cards that will open up several information on various areas of World War 1.
These cards are categorized into several distinct parts; three that cover the weaponry, vehicles and tactics used in the skirmish, one focuses on the conflict as a whole and another that looks at the broader world at that period. Codex cards may be considered as a relatively small part of the Battlefield 1 experience, however, it can provide some legitimate historical details about World War 1.
Battlefield 1 is scheduled for an Oct. 21, 2016 release on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- Nintendo Switch Latest News: Games In Trailer Not Coming To Console; 2 Million Sales Target On Launch Achievable?
- Analyst Say PlayStation VR Has Foundation Elements To Be The Most Successful VR Platform Despite The Current Negative Reactions
- Best Laptop Of The Year: HP Spectre x360 2016
- iOS 10 Quick Tutorial: Tips, Tricks And Guide
- MTV Video Music Awards Japan 2016 Winners Announced: Utada Hikaru, Beyonce, Ariana Grande, And More
- ‘Sherlock’ Season 4 Spoilers, News And Updates: The Long Wait Is Over, Premiere Release Date Confirmed
- Taylor Swift And Drake Dating? Rihanna Warns Singer About Ex
- ‘Sailor Moon Crystal’ Season 4 Enters The ‘Dream Arc’ With New Characters