'The Legend Of The Blue Sea' First Teaser Is Out; Features Lee Min Ho, Jun Ji Hyun’s Characters’ Backstory Of Love
(Drama Fever/YouTube Screenshot)
SBS's upcoming Wednesday-Thursday romance fantasy drama "Legend of the Blue Sea" dropped its first teaser featuring main characters Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun. The teaser provided scenic views of beaches and seas and introduced to fans the centuries-old love between a man and the last mermaid on earth.
As previously reported, Lee Min Ho plays two roles in the "The Legend of the Blue Sea": Kim Dam Lim, a nobleman and a magistrate's son in the Joseon era; and Heo Joon Jae, a cold blooded con artist in the present timeline. Jun Ji Hyun, on the other hand, plays Shim Chung, a mermaid who will go to modern Seoul to find her lost love.
The teaser unexpectedly shows a sad, melancholic mood, pointing to the backstory of Shim Chung and Heo Joon Jae's love. The scene opens with Joon Jae gazing into the open sea and Shin Chung swimming underwater, then quickly flashes scenes from the past timeline. In Joseon era, Shim Chung was captured and demoralized by men and Kim Da Lim, in officer uniform, saved her. There is also a scene of Joon Jae waking up on the beach and Shim Chung, now a human, walking away. It seems like Shim Chung saved him from drowning.
Jun Ji Hyun's voice can be heard narrating: "I'm still going to keep my promise. Even if a storm comes, or there's no one there so it feels lonely, or I feel afraid because it's a path I've never walked on, I'm going to persevere and go to you." A sense of longing is imminent in her voice which led fans to speculate something bad happened in the past timeline.
On the other hand, the teaser's copy reads: "Permitted just once in a lifetime-the love of the last mermaid on Earth. So beautiful it's like a dream. The Legend of the Blue Sea."
"The Legend of the Blue Sea" production crew also teased fans they will see the cast members' fresh and new transformation unlike anything that they have seen before. "The released teaser is just the start as we plan to simultaneously show how Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun have perfectly absorbed into their characters," the production said, according to Soompi.
"The Legend of the Blue Sea" will premiere on Nov. 16 at 10 p.m. KST on SBS
- What Makes Nintendo Switch More Exciting Than PS4 Pro And Project Scorpio?
- What's Good About PS4 Pro Not Being The Next Gen And Why Developers Should Be Thankful About It
- Nintendo Switch Rumor: PS4 Third Party Game Developers Switching To Switch?
- Massive DDoS Attack Lead To White House And FBI Involvement; PlayStation, Twitter, Tumblr and Reddit Temporarily Shut Down
- ESA’S Mars Lander Fails To Enter Red Planet Intact; Could Doom The Agency’s Rover Launch
- Snow Leopard’s Existence Threatened As Humans Kill The Animals To Protect Livestcok
- University In London To Host Sex Robot Festival After Being Banned By Malaysia
- Connecting Faults In California Could Produce Devastating Earthquakes, Experts Say
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Season 8 Updates: Showrunner Confirms Nina Dobrev Comeback; Hints A Mixture Of Happy And Sad Ending In Series Finale
- 'Naruto Shippuden' Episode 481 Spoilers: Sasuke And Sakura's Childhood Revealed; 'Boyhood Arc' To Cover More Backstory
- 'The Boondock Saints 3: Legion' News And Updates: Norman Reedus, Sean Patrick Flanery To Return? Keanu Reeves, Ethan Hawke Rejected?
- 5 Must Watch Best Horror Movies Of The 21st Century