Galaxy S3 Mini: Get Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Via DMod Custom ROM (How To Install)
The DMod custom firmware brings Android 4.1.2 to the Galaxy S3 Mini I8190. Some of the Galaxy S4 features which the smartphone will get after flashing the ROM include Galaxy S4 icons, fonts, sounds, wallpapers and apps. The Galaxy S3 Mini will also get ported apps like Paper Artist, S-Voice, enabled 360-degree rotation even in lockscreen and more.
Here we give you a step-by-step guide on how to flash DMod Custom ROM for the Galaxy S3 Mini. Do remember this is not an official ROM.
- Remember that the instructions are applicable only for use with the Galaxy S3 Mini I8190. Flashing the firmware on any other device may brick it. Verify the device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Remember to read through the instructions before beginning.
- Remember to back up important data.
- Ensure your phone's battery power is at least 85 percent, if not fully charged, to avoid disruption due to power loss.
- Users should note that the instructions given in this guide are meant for reference purposes only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of installing the firmware on your Galaxy S3 Mini.
- Users are advised to proceed at their own risk. iTechPost takes no responsibility for any damage or issues you may encounter with your smartphone, including bricking your device.
- Ensure that you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung devices on your PC.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your phone.
- Ensure that your phone is rooted with ClockworkMod (CWM) installed on it.
- Download and install ClockworkMod recovery.
- Download Download DMod Android 4.1.2 ROM
Step 1: Connect your Galaxy S3 Mini to your PC via the micro USB cable.
Step 2: Copy and paste the downloaded DMod Android 4.1.2 ROM to your phone.
Step 3: Next, switch off your device and disconnect it from the USB cable.
Step 4: Switch on your phone while pressing and holding the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together until the device boots into Recovery mode. (Use the Volume buttons to scroll between the options and Power button to select)
Step 5: Next, in the Recovery mode perform a backup of the existing ROM. This is done so that you can restore later in the scenario that the new one doesn't work.
Step 6: To perform the backup select "Backup and Restore" and select "backup" again on the next screen. Return to the main recovery menu once the backup is complete.
Step 7: Next, perform data wiping to avoid a clash between the new ROM and the previous one. To do this follow these steps:
- Select "Wipe data/factory reset"
- Next, select "Yes" to confirm the action.
- Wait till the data wiping is complete. Once the wiping cache partition process is through, select "Wipe Dalvik Cache" under "Advanced" option. Return to recovery menu once complete.
Step 8: Next, scroll down to "install zip from SD card" and press the Power button to select the same. Select "choose zip from SD card."
Step 9: Navigate to DMod Android 4.1.2 ROM. Confirm the installation by selecting Yes > Install. The procedure should start now.
Step 10: Once the installation is complete, select "Go Back" and reboot the phone by selecting "reboot system now" from the recovery menu. The phone will boot now and may take about 5 minutes, so wait until the process completes.
You now have the DMod Android 4.1.2 ROM installed on your S3 Mini. Verify the firmware version by going to Settings >About Phone.
Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3: Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Via Slim Bean Build 3 Custom ROM (Tutorial)
Tutorial on how to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on your Sprint Galaxy S3.
Samsung Galaxy S2: How To Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean (XWLSN) Official Firmware On GT-I9100 (Tutorial)
Step-by-step guide to how to install the official Android 4.1.2 firmware for the Samsung Galaxy S2.
MORE IN ITECHPOST
Intel 10nm Chips Are Superior But 30 Percent Cheaper Than Samsung's
Intel is set to manufacture its own 10nm chips which it claims will be better and cheaper than existing 10nm chips.
Zookepers Are Now Cutting Off The Horns Of All Their Rhinos
Days after the killing of a Rhino in captivity, countermeasures were made to prevent this kind of threat in the future.
Robert Pattinson Feuds With Charlie Hunnam On 'Lost City Of Z' Production; 'Sons Of Anarchy' Actor Comments On Rumors
Charlie Hunnam shared his experience on working with Robert Pattinson in their movie together. The "Sons of Anarchy" star said they started off cold during their "Lost City of Z" filming but are now open to friendship.