How to Install iOS 11 on iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, iPad and iPod
Apple has finally released the highly-anticipated iOS 11 update for a spate of devices including the iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s, iPhone SE, iPhone 5s, iPad Mini 2 and above, and iPod Touch sixth-gen. iOS 11 will also be available on the newly launched iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and the flagship iPhone X out-of-the-box.
Here's the complete step-by-step guide to help you download and install iOS 11 on all compatible iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices either via OTA or clean installation. Before you proceed please check if your device appears in the compatibility list below.
iOS 11 Device Compatibility List
Here's the full list of iOS 11 compatible devices:
• iPhone X
• iPhone 8
• iPhone 8 Plus
• iPhone 7
• iPhone 7 Plus
• iPhone 6s
• iPhone 6s Plus
• iPhone 6
• iPhone 6 Plus
• iPhone SE
• iPhone 5s
• iPad (9.7-inch)
• iPad Pro (9.7-inch)
• iPad Pro (12.9-inch)
• 2017 iPad Pro (12.9-inch)
• 2017 iPad Pro (10.5-inch)
• iPad mini 4
• iPad mini 3
• iPad mini 2
• iPad Air 2
• iPad Air
• iPod touch 6th generation
Note: It is recommended to perform a full data backup of your device using iTunes or via iCloud, before installing iOS 11 on it in order to prevent unexpected data loss.
How to Install iOS 11 via OTA Method
Over-the-air (OTA) method is the easiest and quickest way of installing iOS 11 on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. However, if you are looking for a seamless performance then you should definitely try the clean installation method.
Step 1: Go to Settings > General > Software Update on your 64-bit iOS device running iOS 10.
Step 2: If your device is supported, an iOS 11 OTA update prompt should appear on the screen.
Step 3: Once the iOS 11 update shows up, just hit the Download and Install button to start the installation process.
iOS 11 Clean Installation Method
Note: Clean installation method is highly recommended to ensure better battery life and performance as an OTA upgrade to iOS 11 will retain older iOS 10.x system files, which may not be optimized to run well on the newly installed OS.
Ensure that your PC or Mac is running the latest version of iTunes. Download iTunes 12.7 with iOS 11 support for Windows and Mac here.
Download the necessary IPSW file for your device, using the direct download links provided below.
Ensure that you have backed up important data and settings on your iOS device, before you proceed.
iOS 11 IPSW Direct Download Links
How to Clean Install iOS 11 on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch via iTunes
• Once you have downloaded the necessary IPSW file from the links provided, just go to Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone and ensure that you toggle the switch to OFF position to disable the feature.
• Connect your iOS device to PC or Mac with the Lightning cable that’s shipped with your iPhone or iPad.
• At this moment, iTunes should launch automatically. Otherwise, just launch it manually and wait for iTunes to detect the device in the source list.
• Select your iOS device from the source list in the iTunes window and expand the Settings option to view the new features.
• You are now required to do a manual restore instead of the standard iTunes restore. Press and hold Alt key on Mac or Shift key on Windows computer and then hit the Restore iPhone button.
• Just select the specific IPSW firmware file that you downloaded earlier for your device, when iTunes prompts you to select the installation file. iTunes will now install the clean version of iOS 11 on your device.
• Once the installation completes, you will prompted to run the standard setup process before first use of the device. You will also be presented the option to setup the device as new or restore data from backup.
Ideally, if you are facing performance issues then we recommend the first option, which involves setting up the device as new.
iOS 11 Plagued with Untested Bugs and Early Adoption Pitfalls
Reports of nagging iOS 11 issues have started pouring in just a day after the software was released by Apple on supported devices.
How to Downgrade iOS 11 to iOS 10.3.3 on iPhone or iPad
Here is a simple guide to downgrade iOS 11 to iOS 10.3.3 on iPhone or iPad.
How to Fix iOS 11 OTA Stuck on ‘Preparing Update’ Issue
Here’s a simple guide to fix iOS 11 OTA file stuck on “Preparing Update…” issue.
iOS 11: Over 150 Hidden Features for iPhone and iPad Revealed [Full List]
iOS 11 has a treasure trove of hidden features that could enable you to explore the untapped potential of your iPhone and iPad.
iOS 11 Release Time for Various Time Zones Across the Globe
Check out the complete list of time zones for iOS 11 release time across the globe.
MORE IN ITECHPOST
What are the Different Types Of SD Cards?
Most of us use digital cameras, smartphones, and camcorders. But often we lack storage spaces. Thus,we often have to delete our precious memories. But not now. This is because SD cards are available in the market. I'm sure all of you must have seen an SD card. But do you know, SD cards are of different types?
How Do Personal Emergency Response Systems Work?
Personal emergency response systems, known as PERS for short, are systems that help people to raise the alarm and get immediate help when a medical or personal emergency occurs. They are ideal for older people and anyone with a mobility issue or an injury or illness that can cause falls.
Game Developers’ Different Roles in the Studio
Learn about the different professionals involved in developing video games. Becoming a game developer is one of the coolest jobs around and your 14-year-old self, perched on the edge of your bed as you play PlayStation, will thank you for making such an awesome career move.
A COMPREHENSIVE REVIEW ON TIMOTHY SYKES: Is He a Scam Artist?
Timothy Sykes has garnered a lot of attention from several people. A lot of these reactions have been positive, while others have been negative - this is based on the bold claims and flamboyant lifestyle he has always showcased. In this review, we will take a deep dive into his life and the training programs he has to offer. Via this review, you will come to a conclusion whether he is the real deal or another fishy scam artist. First and foremost, we will be uncovering the man himself, Timothy Sykes, also known as Tim Sykes.