Top 5 Mac OS X Mavericks features (Opinion)
Apple is preparing to launch the new OS X Mavericks, which is now widely believed to debut at the company's Oct. 22 event.
The iPad 5 and iPad mini 2 will be announced at the event, while updated MacBook Pro laptops and Mac OS X Mavericks are expected to be available immediately after their unveiling. Mac OS X Mavericks brings some new and innovative features to OS X. Some of the new features will feel familiar to iOS users, as Apple continues to blur the lines between its desktop and mobile OS.
I updated to the latest Golden Master of OS X Mavericks on my 11-inch MacBook Air and wanted to highlight some of Mavericks' best features and why you may want to take the plunge and update your Mac to the new OS as well.
1. Apple has added a feature to Mavericks that is currently found in a few popular Finder replacement apps. You'll now be able to add tabs to Finder and drag and drop in a more productive and intuitive way. You can also easily tag things, so you're always organized, even if you're not.
2. Safari has been given a makeover that is clean and fresh and it also has a noticeable speed increase compared to previous versions. Apple claims that Safari in Mavericks uses less energy than Chrome and Firefox and can greatly enhance battery life.
3. Battery life has also improved noticeably since upgrading to OS X Mavericks. A new feature called App Nap increases battery life by reducing processing power to any apps that are in the background and not in view by the user. Once brought back to view they automatically run at full speed.
4. iBooks is now a Mac app. If you prefer reading your iBooks on a display larger than your iPad, your MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac, and Mac Mini now gain access to Apple's bookstore and e-reader application, allowing you to easily read your iBooks content content on a Mac.
5. OS X now includes Apple Maps. Apple Maps have improved since its initial release in iOS 6. The company has dramatically improved its Map application in iOS 7 and it's now available to Mac users. You'll now be able to enjoy the 3F Flyover feature that makes Apple's mapping app one of the best.
Apple is expected to release Mac OS X Mavericks on Oct. 22, after its media event, through the Mac App Store. The new OS will probably be priced around $20. We'll be bringing you all the latest news, so stay tuned.
iOS 11 Plagued with Untested Bugs and Early Adoption Pitfalls
Reports of nagging iOS 11 issues have started pouring in just a day after the software was released by Apple on supported devices.
iPhone 8 Outperforms iPhone X in Early Geekbench Tests [Photos]
Quite surprisingly, the iPhone 8 beats the iPhone X in both Single Core and Multi-Core Geekbench tests.
iOS 11 Release Time for Various Time Zones Across the Globe
Check out the complete list of time zones for iOS 11 release time across the globe.
iPhone X Demand May Outlast Supply Until Mid-2018, says KGI Securities Analyst
KGI Securities Analyst, Ming-Chi Kuo, predicts serious demand vs. supply constraints for the iPhone X until Mid-2018.
Five iPhone X Secret Features You May Not Know About
Check out the five iPhone X features that Apple has discreetly hidden from you at launch.
MORE IN ITECHPOST
OnePlus 3T Gets HydrogenOS Based Android 8.0 Oreo Leaked Firmware [Download]
Here is the download link for the leaked Android Oreo firmware for OnePlus 3T devices.
'Tokyo Ghoul' Season 3 Delayed By Its Live-Action Movie? Ken Kenaki Returns With Another Identity?
"Tokyo Ghoul" season 3's release is delayed and there are countless speculations as to why it is being pushed back. Reports claim that the show is to give way to "One Punch Man" and "My Hero Acdemia" but new rumors say that it's lack of materials and storyline as well as its live-action movie are causing the delay.
‘Dishonored: Death of the Outsider’: How to Fix ‘Game Not Launching’ and other PC Errors
Game Not Launching’ hotfix and other fixes now available for ‘Dishonored: Death of the Outsider’ DLC on PC.