Top 5 Mac OS X Mavericks features (Opinion)
Apple is preparing to launch the new OS X Mavericks, which is now widely believed to debut at the company's Oct. 22 event.
The iPad 5 and iPad mini 2 will be announced at the event, while updated MacBook Pro laptops and Mac OS X Mavericks are expected to be available immediately after their unveiling. Mac OS X Mavericks brings some new and innovative features to OS X. Some of the new features will feel familiar to iOS users, as Apple continues to blur the lines between its desktop and mobile OS.
I updated to the latest Golden Master of OS X Mavericks on my 11-inch MacBook Air and wanted to highlight some of Mavericks' best features and why you may want to take the plunge and update your Mac to the new OS as well.
1. Apple has added a feature to Mavericks that is currently found in a few popular Finder replacement apps. You'll now be able to add tabs to Finder and drag and drop in a more productive and intuitive way. You can also easily tag things, so you're always organized, even if you're not.
2. Safari has been given a makeover that is clean and fresh and it also has a noticeable speed increase compared to previous versions. Apple claims that Safari in Mavericks uses less energy than Chrome and Firefox and can greatly enhance battery life.
3. Battery life has also improved noticeably since upgrading to OS X Mavericks. A new feature called App Nap increases battery life by reducing processing power to any apps that are in the background and not in view by the user. Once brought back to view they automatically run at full speed.
4. iBooks is now a Mac app. If you prefer reading your iBooks on a display larger than your iPad, your MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac, and Mac Mini now gain access to Apple's bookstore and e-reader application, allowing you to easily read your iBooks content content on a Mac.
5. OS X now includes Apple Maps. Apple Maps have improved since its initial release in iOS 6. The company has dramatically improved its Map application in iOS 7 and it's now available to Mac users. You'll now be able to enjoy the 3F Flyover feature that makes Apple's mapping app one of the best.
Apple is expected to release Mac OS X Mavericks on Oct. 22, after its media event, through the Mac App Store. The new OS will probably be priced around $20. We'll be bringing you all the latest news, so stay tuned.
Qualcomm’s In-Screen Fingerprint Sensor Far From Ready For Consumers
Qualcomm needs to overcome the challenges before a shipment date can be confirmed for the in-screen fingerprint scanner. One of the challenges is the need to improve the scan-through ability of the screen fingerprint tech.
KGI Analyst Predicts 10 iPhone 8 Features Including Slimmest Bezels Ever
Popular analyst and Apple insider Ming-Chi Kuo shared ten of his predictions regarding the upcoming iPhone 8, 7s, and 7s Plus.
Apple Might Not Release iPhone 8, 7s, or 7s Plus For Its Anniversary This Year
Apple is rumored to release three new iPhone models this year. Tech news even identified it as iPhone 8, 7s and 7s Plus. However, everyone has been getting all wrong because the names are not logical at all.
OnePlus 5 vs Galaxy S8 vs iPhone 7 Plus: 2017 Ultimate Smartphone Specs Battle
The OnePlus 5 is a direct rival to the new Samsung Galaxy S8, as well as the iPhone 7 Plus. These three powerful smartphones this year offer top-of-the-line specs and great features but each has perks that the other doesn't.
Apple’s MacOS High Sierra Is Now In Public Beta, Here's How To Install It
MacOS High Sierra includes the Metal 2 graphics API, which supports VR and external GPUs, and the new HEVC and HEIF video and image formats which have also been added to the upcoming version of iOS.
MORE IN ITECHPOST
'Tokyo Ghoul' Season 3 Delayed By Its Live-Action Movie? Ken Kenaki Returns With Another Identity?
"Tokyo Ghoul" season 3's release is delayed and there are countless speculations as to why it is being pushed back. Reports claim that the show is to give way to "One Punch Man" and "My Hero Acdemia" but new rumors say that it's lack of materials and storyline as well as its live-action movie are causing the delay.
Overwatch Latest News: Blizzard Releases Doomfist Progression Update On PTR
The latest Overwatch news indicates that Blizzard has just released the Doomfist Progression update on PTR. Among other things, new cosmetics will be added to this new character.
'Dragon Ball Super' Spoilers: Android 18 Vs Frost? Krillin Disqualified, Angels Hinted To Be Villains
Latest updates and spoilers for "Dragon Ball Super" reveal that Android 18 will be going against Frost. Meanwhile, it seems like the angels are scheming something behind the Tournament of Power.