Ryan Gosling, Eva Mendes Secret Wedding Rumors Untrue; Power Couple Remains Tight-Lipped On Issue
(Sonia Recchia / Stringer)
News broke out that long-time partners Eva Mendes and Ryan Gosling already tied the knot earlier this year in the presence of just a few family members and closest friends. But not long after the rumors surfaced, they were dismissed outright.
A recent report from TMZ clarified that the news about the Hollywood couple's secret wedding was inaccurate. The outlet wrote that according to a source close to the pair, the alleged wedding never happened.
The claims started when several sources supposedly tipped Us Weekly that the pair had already tied the knot and have only kept mum about it.
Fans may recall that Gosling and Mendes met during the filming of drama/thriller "The Place Beyond The Pines," which was released in 2013. Their relationship has lasted for five years to date. They worked together again in another movie, "Lost River," in 2014. The project was also the first movie directed by the 35-year-old actor.
In the movie, they played the role of parents, which eventually became a reality for the two. The power couple have two daughters -- Esmeralda Lee, two years old, and Amada Lee, five months old.
In an interview earlier this year, the "La La Land" star shared his joys of being a father. He said, "It sounds so clichéd, but I never knew that life could be this fun and great."
In another interview with US Weekly during the Toronto International Film Festival, the actor gushed about his daughters, exclaiming, "I'm a lucky man. We couldn't be happier. They are so sweet."
The couple has been tagged by media as one of the most private couples in Hollywood. Their under-the-radar relationship allowed them to stay together ever since they started dating. Although the real date of when they became official remains unclear, they made headlines when they were spotted in Disneyland having a sweet moment. During the date, they were seen trying to be cozy towards each other and holding hands, not minding the public.
Late June of that year, Gosling made the decision to introduce Mendes to his family.
Popular in Community
- Android 7.0 Nougat Update: 5 Problems Found In Nexus Devices That May Affect Your Phone And How To Fix Them
- Spotify Debuts Mobile Lyrics Feature In Japan
- First iPhone 7 Plus Jet Black Models Ship Out to T-Mobile Customers
- Apple's Dual-Screen 2016 MacBook Pro To Release In November: Specs, Price Details
- Luke Evan Hints At Dracula's Return In Universal Studio's Monster Movie Series
- 'Fast & Furious', 'Star Trek Beyond' Director Seals A Deal To Develop 'Hot Wheels' Movie
- Kate Beckinsale Honored With 'Cinema Vanguard Award' At San Diego International Film Festival
- 'Prison Break' Season 5 Spoilers Update: Lincoln Burrows' Death Likely? To Die After Saving Michael Scofield