Niantic Finally Speaks Out About THe 'Region-Locked Pokemon' Issue
Pokemon Go seems to only allow Pokemon-catching in certain areas of the world. Niantic has finally spoken about this issue. They said that there are only four Pokemon that can specifically be caught in specific areas of the world. Since the app was launched on July, there were different opinions if those region-locked Pokemon can be hatched from eggs.
One Pokemon Go player tapped John Hanke, Niantic CEO, if the region-specific Pokemon can be hatched from eggs even if it is outside the specific region. The answer is clear: No. Those region-locked Pokemon can only be hatched in areas where they are also catchable. The Pokemon which are region-locked are - Tauros, Kangaskhan, Mr. Mime, and Farfetch'd. Tauros can only be found in North America, Mr. Mime is in Europe, Farfetch'd is in Asia, and Kangaskhan is in Australia.
According to Heavy, Pokemon Go requires players to find out how the game works on their own. This is the reason why no one can seem to figure out whether the region can be applied only to catching or if it can also be applied to eggs. Users want to find their luck with the eggs since some of them got their rarest Pokemon from eggs, and not from the wild. So, maybe the region-locked Pokemon can be obtained through this manner.
The internet is filled with players claiming that one of their friends was able to catch a Mr. Mime in the United States. This player said that the information was indeed true. However, this claim is not a verifiable one since Mr. John Hanke has already made clear to everyone that these rumors are indeed not true. This information indeed helped those players who want to travel around the world just so they can add a Pokemon to their Pokedex, such as player Nick Johnson. He was identified as the first player to have completed in catching all of the 145 Pokemons - by travelling to the US, Hongkong, Sydney, and France.
Popular in Community
- The Only Custom Xbox One S Designed After Lamborghini Centenario Is Up For Grabs
- Razer DeathAdder Elite Review: The Fastest, Most Sensitive Gaming Mouse; Release Date, Price Revealed
- iPhone 7 Plus Photos: A More Critical Look At Apple's New Dual-Lens Camera System
- Xiaomi Mi 5S Plus vs Zenfone Deluxe: Battle Of The Ultimate Flagship Killers
- Netflix's 'The Crown' To Feature Story Of Queen Elizabeth II; Series The Most Expensive TV Show Yet
- 'The Flash' News & Update: Movie Director Teases Movie Script And Collab With Cyborg
- 'Descendants Of The Sun' Actress Song Hye Kyo Hailed Goddess Of Asia; Beats Yoona And Zheng Shuang
- Justin Timberlake’s New Netflix Film Will Make You Dance