Drake Postpones Summer Sixteen Tour Due To Injury

Drake was forced to postpone the remaining shows for his Summer Sixteen Tour due to ankle injury. This new announcement includes his two concerts in Barclays Center in Brooklyn on Tuesday and Wednesday night, and a schedule in Newark on Saturday.

The hip-hop superstar previously postponed his concerts in his home town, Toronto, scheduled on Oct. 9, in Philadelphia on Oct. 13 and in Newark on Oct. 16. Drake posted a message on his blog last week about the cancellation of the shows in the said cities, explaining that his doctor ordered him to rest.   

According to the doctor, the singer's injury worsened while performing for the tour and he needs to restrain his movements.

"Drake suffered a severe ankle injury during the tour which he did his best to power through. By doing this, he made his injury worse," the singer's representative told PEOPLE. "Under doctors' orders and to ensure Drake only ever gives fans the performances they deserve, he will be postponing the remaining three dates of his Summer Sixteen Tour to allow him time to recuperate his ankle injury,"

The representative added that the rapper can't wait to go back on stage. Drake already had more than 50 shows for Summer Sixteen Tour. According to reports, there are still no official announcements about the new schedule for the cancelled concerts but tickets will be refunded.

In a message to fans, Drake thanked them for understanding and said he will make up for it by giving the best show with "new music and a stronger ankle."

On the other hand, Drake announced on Monday, Oct. 10 the schedule for his European Tour next year, "The Boy Meets World Tour" which is programmed to do a total of six shows in London alone. The tour will kick off in Amsterdam on Jan. 20 while the last show will be held in Germany on March 16. Tickets are available on Ticketmaster starting Thursday, Oct. 13.

 

© 2021 iTech Post All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

More from iTechPost