Apples New MacBook Pro To Ditch USB Ports
Apple’s next release of MacBook Pro might not have a feature one would expect to see in a computer. It might ditch an important and popular feature of all laptops, the USB ports.
Apple is said to be including USB Type-C and Thunderbolt 3 ports on the new MacBook Pro that will be released in no time. It is also said that they are planning to ditch traditional USB ports and the company's MagSafe charging connector. USB Type-C is a flexible port, allowing users to transfer data, connect displays, and charge the computer all from the same port. It’s quickly become the next major innovation in ports. While the Thunderbolt 3 in the MacBook Pro would allow existing Mac owners to continue using products like Apple’s monitor or third-party external hard drives.
That might be a big surprise for potential MacBook Pro owners, but it's the same strategy that Apple used in its 12-inch MacBook. Many will be hoping that Apple manages to squeeze more than one USB Type-C port inside the new MacBook Pro, though and that it leaves the headphone jack alone for now.
More To Ditch
Ditching USB ports might not be the only move Apple Company has planned. Issued reports over the last few months have said that Apple will deliver an organic light-emitting diode (OLED) touch bar above the keyboard. The touch bar would allow users to see notifications, control certain functions within the operating system, among other features. There are also reports Apple could bundle its Touch ID fingerprint sensor in the device.
According to Recode, the company is planning to hold an event on October 27th to announce its latest launches. A report from MacotakaraMacotakarasuggests that the company might unveil a refreshed 13-inch MacBook Air at the same time.
- Game Awards 2016 Round-Up: Every Announcement, Award And World Premiere You Might Have Missed
- Get These 7 Popular Games For Free This December 2016
- Amazing Mass Effect: Andromeda Gameplay Footage Revealed In Game Awards 2016; Check It Out Here
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild News, Updates: More Challenging Enemies Revealed And More
- J.K Rowling's ‘Harry Potter And The Cursed Child' Award-Winning Play To Have Broadway Debut
- Emily Ratajkowski Unhappy With Nude Photo Book; ‘Gone Girl’ Star Furious With Photographer Who Published Book Without Her Consent
- Selena Gomez Hailed Instagram Queen Of 2016; ‘The Heart Wants What It Wants' Singer Cements Popularity Status
- 'Fifty Shades Darker' Star Jamie Dornan Won't Play Green Lantern, Mr. Grey Too Sexy For The Role?