‘The Vampire Diaries’ Season 8 Spoilers: Damon Declares He's On ‘Full Cruise Control’ With Zero Compassion After Reading ’Fifty Shades Of Grey’
After recent spoilers for “The Vampire Dairies” season 8 introduced the new villain Sybil and answered the question if the finale season would cross over with spin-off “The Originals,” new spoilers reveal what Damon (Ian Somerhalder) was reading recently. After reading a popular novel which became a hit movie, Damon declares he is on “full cruise control” with zero compassion.
The last episode of "TVD" season 7 showed Damon being possessed by an enemy whom viewers are not familiar with. Damon’s wild side is because of his girl being inside a box and the high and low points he recently experienced which made him vulnerable to the new energy, Somerhalder explained to E! News.
Damon still does a lot of the old stuff he is known for, but rather than based on the character’s old ways which fans of the show love, what he exhibits is some sort of weird obsession that causes Damon to do a lot of evil acts. His being conflicted is because of Damon being a big fan of “Fifty Shades of Grey.”
Damon As An Erotic Romance Novel Fan
The 2011 blockbuster book, an erotic romance novel by British author E.L. James, focused on the deepening relationship between Anastasia Steele, a college graduate, and Christian Grey, a young business magnate. “Fifty Shades of Grey” sold more than 125 million copies worldwide, was translated into 52 languages, and was made into a movie franchise.
Both the book and the movie are known for their explicitly erotic scenes that featured elements of various sexual practices such as bondage/discipline, dominance/submission and sadism/masochism.
Peacefully Lounging While Beside A Pool Of Bright Red Blood
In one scene, Damon tells Enzo, “Hey, this is a really good book.” He says it while beside a pool of bright red blood and while peacefully lounging, as per the sneak peek released by ET. The scene shows Enzo (Michael Malarkey) struggling with the changes in Damon, while Damon admits to officially flipping his switch to “full cruise control” with zero compassion.
Enzo asks him, “You really have nothing left inside?” Damon replies, “Just my winning sense of humor and my new appreciation for chick lit.”
Besides the two struggling with the possession, Somerhalder hints that Stefan (Paul Wesley) could also join them in a big way, resulting in viewers having “a s--- ton of mayhem.”
It is just two days away from the premiere of “The Vampire Diaries” season 8 on The CW.
- Game Awards 2016 Round-Up: Every Announcement, Award And World Premiere You Might Have Missed
- Get These 7 Popular Games For Free This December 2016
- Amazing Mass Effect: Andromeda Gameplay Footage Revealed In Game Awards 2016; Check It Out Here
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild News, Updates: More Challenging Enemies Revealed And More
- J.K Rowling's ‘Harry Potter And The Cursed Child' Award-Winning Play To Have Broadway Debut
- Emily Ratajkowski Unhappy With Nude Photo Book; ‘Gone Girl’ Star Furious With Photographer Who Published Book Without Her Consent
- Selena Gomez Hailed Instagram Queen Of 2016; ‘The Heart Wants What It Wants' Singer Cements Popularity Status
- 'Fifty Shades Darker' Star Jamie Dornan Won't Play Green Lantern, Mr. Grey Too Sexy For The Role?