‘The Vampire Diaries’ Season 8 Cast News, Spoilers: Paul Wesley Teases Steroline Wedding, Remains Hopeful About Nina Dobrev’s Comeback
(Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images)
"The Vampire Diaries" lead actor Paul Wesley has expressed his hope that former co-star Nina Dobrev will come back before the series comes to its end. In his recent interview, Wesley also hinted at the roller coaster relationship of Stefan and Caroline. Will Steroline be walking down the aisle this season?
Only days before "The Vampire Diaries" season 8 premieres on The CW, Paul Wesley, who plays the role of Stefan Salvatore, shared his thoughts about what fans can expect from Steroline, and the show's referencing to Elena Gilbert (Nina Dobrev). In an interview with TV Line, Wesley noted that Stefan and Caroline's relationship began firm until obstacles came along the way and in between.
Steroline Wedding: Is It Happening?
Talking about whether Stefan and Caroline will walk the aisle, Wesley admitted he does not know anything for now. "I just invested on whatever works best for the story," the actor said. "I want whatever it is going to make the most sense on our artistic level as opposed to like personal reasons."
Stefan's Relationship With Alaric And Caroline's Twins
As Wesley described his character like a stepdad to Alaric and Caroline's twins, the situation gives Stefan his own brush of awkwardness. He pointed out that he will also become a father figure to the twins.
A Fair Amount Of Elena Gilbert Reference
While many "TVD" fans want Nina Dobrev to reprise her role as Elena Gilbert, there has been no confirmation until now if the actress is really returning on the show before it ends. As for Wesley, he has high hopes that Dobrev might come back even for a scene. He disclosed that the season finale still has a fair amount of referencing to Elena's character just like in the previous season.
Wesley said: "If we don't reference her I think that payoff wouldn't be that good, but if we reference her and she comes back to some degree even if it's only for a scene I think the payoff would be better."
"The Vampire Diaries" season 8 premieres Friday, Oct. 21 on The CW.
- Game Awards 2016 Round-Up: Every Announcement, Award And World Premiere You Might Have Missed
- Get These 7 Popular Games For Free This December 2016
- Amazing Mass Effect: Andromeda Gameplay Footage Revealed In Game Awards 2016; Check It Out Here
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild News, Updates: More Challenging Enemies Revealed And More
- J.K Rowling's ‘Harry Potter And The Cursed Child' Award-Winning Play To Have Broadway Debut
- Emily Ratajkowski Unhappy With Nude Photo Book; ‘Gone Girl’ Star Furious With Photographer Who Published Book Without Her Consent
- Selena Gomez Hailed Instagram Queen Of 2016; ‘The Heart Wants What It Wants' Singer Cements Popularity Status
- 'Fifty Shades Darker' Star Jamie Dornan Won't Play Green Lantern, Mr. Grey Too Sexy For The Role?