The Apple iOS 10 was released a couple of months ago and was met with much anticipation. Since then many have been impressed but a few issues have surfaced.
The battery life of iOS 10 devices is poor, to say the least. The iOS 10.0.2 update didn't do anything to address this problem. While waiting for an iOS that will not drain the battery easily, users can do this technique:
- Turn off background app and refresh by going to Settings > General > Background and toggle on App Refresh. Check the list for apps you can turn off.
- Turn WiFi off when outside to prevent the device from using power to look for a connection. When at home or work, connect to WiFi instead of using cellular.
iPad's Split View
There have been cases that the Split View feature of iPad does not work. To solve this:
- Check if you're using the Safari browser.
- Understand that the Split View feature only works on iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, and iPad Mini 4.
- Restart your iPad.
The Maps Transit allows the user to know the schedule of bus and subway routes. If the widget does not work, the user should:
- Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Speech and toggle the Speak Screen option.
Raise to Wake
This feature 'wakes up' the screen when the user picks up the phone. If this doesn't work:
- Make sure you're device is an iPhone 6S, 6S Plus or SE. The feature only works on these devices.
- If the device is among those mentioned and the Raise to Wake still doesn't work, go to Settings > Display & Brightness > and toggle on Raise to Wake to turn it on.