All Signs Point To Mayweather-Pacquiao II, Whether You Agree To It Or Not Yet Giving Thumbs-up Would Mean A Rematch

Manny Pacquiao left his door open to another extreme-bout with Floyd Mayweather Jr after he arrived ringside observing the Pacquiao-Vargas comeback title match victory.

Pacquiao came out of a transient retirement to beat Vargas via unanimous decision and reclaim his WBO Welterweight title he lost to Mayweather in last year's 'Fight of the Century'.

Floyd Mayweather Sits Ringside For Manny Pacquiao-Jessie Vargas Fight

The looks of the old Pacquiao were evident enough as he beat Jesse Vargas on points to win the WBO welterweight belt Saturday at the Thomas & Mack in the Las Vegas suburbs. However, they were only short, unmerciful glimpses and the survival of Vargas was aided by the decades of experience and the struggle at the core of Pacquiao's desire for victory - Now, being a senator he has been fighting with and without gloves since he was born.

Pacquiao at 37 is still in business in the boxing industry and a smiling thumbs-up relief from Floyd Mayweather Jr. at ringside only added scene, portent and fancy of the many Las Vegas fans. Their fight, which is amiable way to describe it, last year generated approximately $600 million and a rematch could gain even more.

Mayweather retired his own career after taking his record to 49-0 against Andre Berto in September 2015, but since teased a return to box in a conceivable passage bout with UFC superstar Conor McGregor. Pacquiao turns 38 in December, while Mayweather will be 40 in February, but 'Pacman' suggested the dream fight could be staged again after shouting his invitation to his great rival during Saturday's bout in Las Vegas.

"I invited him to be here tonight,'' Pacquiao said before adding "We'll see" when pushed on the expectations of another rumble with Mayweather. Mayweather gave Pacquiao a "thumbs-up" and lipped "not bad" after victory was validated, and even Vargas confirmed he would love to watch the veterans go at it, after losing his title in his first defense. "Of course," the 27-year-old said. "I wouldn't mind seeing it again. We are still very interested in seeing what could happen again."

© 2022 iTech Post All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

More from iTechPost