The New OnePlus 3T has just been announced.
After weeks of rumors and leaks, OnePlus finally revealed its newest flagship smartphone. The thing is, it just released one almost six months ago. The OnePlus 3 was considered one of the better flagships when it came out this year especially considering it was priced almost half than other smartphones in the market.
Many are scratching their heads wondering why OnePlus made such a move. As it turns out, the company is completely ditching the OnePlus 3 in favour of the 3T. The company may just be abiding by their "Never Settle" slogan by not settling on the now more inferior OnePlus 3. Simply put, the 3T is better than its predecessor so the company wants its customers to experience the best it could offer.
And by best OnePlus means...
- A new and faster Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 (at 2.3GHz) instead of the 820 chipset
- An upgraded 16MP and 4K video rear camera with the addition of the Intelligent Pixel Technology, a sapphire lens, and a better electronic image stabilization or EIS capability
- An even better front camera which now has 16 megapixels compared to the OnePlus 3's 8-megapixel front-facing shooter
- A 'smile capture' feature that allows the front camera to snap shots once it detects a smile
- A more powerful 3400 mAh battery that has 13 percent more capacity than the OnePlus 3's 3000mAh battery
The OnePlus 3T gives a nod to its older brother by copying some of its good qualities particularly its looks.
Both OnePlus devices have the same design, dimensions, and color. They both have the high quality aluminium chassis and both sport the soft gold color though the 3T also comes in the new gunmetal gray.
On the other hand, both use the 5.5-inch Optic AMOLED display with a 1080 x 1920 resolution and a Corning Gorilla Glass 4. The not-so-impressive display is probably the victim of the company's desire to produce a more affordable smartphone.
Speaking of affordability, the 3T is priced at $439 which is higher than the 3's $399 price tag but is still cheaper than other phones with the same range of quality.