'Game Of Thrones' Season 7 News And Updates: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Hints On Possible Death Of Cersei; Series Adds New Cast
(Vittorio Zunino Celotto/Getty Images)
Fans have been waiting for the “Game of Thrones” Season 7 as soon as the final episode of Season 6 was aired. Even the actors are excited with the upcoming installment that they can’t stop talking about it. Sophie Turner has recently revealed what is in store for Sansa Stark next season and now Nikolaj Coster-Waldau dishes out more on what might happen.
“Game of Thrones” Season 6 ended with Cersei Lannister blowing up King’s Landing resulting to the death of several of the major characters such as Margaery Tyrell and the High Sparrow. Cersei’s plan fueled from the resentment she had towards the High Sparrow and the Faith Militant, who had betrayed her after accusing her of various unspeakable deeds. Her rage reached its limit when her son, King Tommen, who was the only child left alive among her three children, jumped off the window to commit suicide.
The death of her last living child with her brother Jaime Lannister devastated her and renewed her objective to rule over King’s Landing. With King Tommen’s wife, Margaery dead, only Cersei was allowed to ascend to the throne. Jaime’s reaction towards these events in Season 6 has yet to be revealed in “Game of Thrones” Season 7.
But Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has hinted that his character might just kill Cersei. The reason for that is because Cersei has become a whole new person and Jaime did not like her evil transformation. He emphasized Jaime had to kill the Mad King to save King’s Landing and then only to find out that his sister and the woman he loved pulled the trigger instead.
Along with that, it has been reported that “Game of Thrones” has added two new Irish actors to the cast to fill up roles in the new season. Brendan Morrissey has been cast for the role of the new Lord of Frey. Walder Frey, portrayed by David Bradley, used to head the House of Frey and was the Lord of the Crossing but Arya Stark murdered him in Season 6.
Lastly, Rory Dignam has been cast in the upcoming season of the popular television series but his role has not yet been disclosed. It has been announced though that he will playing a supporting role and has finished filming in Spain, which is one of the sets of “Game of Thrones”. The fantasy drama series, “Game of Thrones” Season 7 will be aired on HBO in 2017.
- Pokemon Sun And Moon Secrets: NPCs That Gives Free Rare Pokemon
- Destiny: Vendor Xur's Location Leaked For December 2; List of Rare Weapons Available
- Final Fantasy XV Guide: How To Create The Most Powerful Spells
- Game Awards 2016 Round-Up: Every Announcement, Award And World Premiere You Might Have Missed
- The Originals' Season 4: Release Date, New Characters And Storyline Revealed
- Vampire Diaries' Star Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder, Actress To Marry Mark Kassen
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Mark Ballas And Newly-Wed Wife BC Jean Have Epic First Dance During Wedding Night
- J.K Rowling's ‘Harry Potter And The Cursed Child' Award-Winning Play To Have Broadway Debut