Conor McGregor Fight With Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Never Happen; Mayweather's Side Says Boxing License Means Nothing
(Ethan Miller/Getty Images)
Just recently, American boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. took to Instagram to brag about his $100 million check signifying a happy retirement for him. This stunt brought speculations that maybe Mayweather was trying to heat up things before he comes back out of his second retirement. Though Mayweather or his handler have not commented on this, fans think something fishy is going on.
All of a sudden, news of UFC Champion Conor McGregor being issued a boxing license went viral. The news has stirred up more rumors that the fight between McGregor and Mayweather might just push through. Rumor has it that McGregor applied for the boxing license so he can have an actual match with Mayweather.
McGregor and Mayweather have a long history of bad blood that started in the early months of this year. McGregor has challenged the boxer in January 2016 after Mayweather questioned the UFC champion’s rise in the sport and media for being racially motivated. Mayweather has discreetly declined the challenge and has discouraged people from comparing him to McGregor as he found it disrespectful.
Leonard Ellerbe, CEO of Mayweather Promotions has commented that McGregor’s new boxing license meant nothing at all. The showdown between him and Mayweather is not possible at all especially with the current circumstances. He pointed out that though McGregor now possesses a boxing license, he cannot venture yet to matches outside Ultimate Fighting Champion (UFC) because he still has a contract with UFC. Ellerbe further established that Dana White, president of UFC, would not allow McGregor to enter a boxing match against Mayweather because they all know what the result is going to be.
Conor McGregor is a distinguished Irish professional mixed martial artist who holds the title of UFC Lightweight Champion. McGregor fought in three different weight classes and even became the champion for UFC Featherweight class. He started his career in 2008 and already holds a record of 21 wins and 3 losses after knocking out Eddie Alvarez at UFC 205 last Nov. 12.
- Pokemon Sun And Moon Secrets: NPCs That Gives Free Rare Pokemon
- Destiny: Vendor Xur's Location Leaked For December 2; List of Rare Weapons Available
- Final Fantasy XV Guide: How To Create The Most Powerful Spells
- Game Awards 2016 Round-Up: Every Announcement, Award And World Premiere You Might Have Missed
- The Originals' Season 4: Release Date, New Characters And Storyline Revealed
- Vampire Diaries' Star Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder, Actress To Marry Mark Kassen
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Mark Ballas And Newly-Wed Wife BC Jean Have Epic First Dance During Wedding Night
- J.K Rowling's ‘Harry Potter And The Cursed Child' Award-Winning Play To Have Broadway Debut