Do You Really Need A 'PlayStation 4 Pro'? 3 Reasons Why You Should Buy One
( MW Technology)
Sony has got a new, $400 version of the already-popular PlayStation 4 game console. The newly released PlayStation 4 Pro is the latest installment of the PlayStation console franchise and is indeed the most powerful variant of them all.
How things usually work
A gaming console manufacturer like Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo announces an upcoming console, its release date, and its price. The console then launches at a relatively high price, with which that price will ultimately come down in the next 5-10 years.
As sales decline, the cycle repeats
With the PlayStation 4 Pro, that cycle is being broken. The PS4 Pro is, no doubt, a more powerful version of the original PlayStation 4 that launched 3 years ago (2013). It is capable of playing games at a much higher resolution (4K), running older titles more smoothly, and adding some much needed visual effects more than ever. To make it simple, it makes some already existing PlayStation 4 games even graphically amazing than they already are.
The PS4 is also slightly larger than the current PlayStation 4
The PlayStation 4 Pro is nearly identical to the 40 million PlayStation 4 consoles already being played out there. It possesses the same operating system, runs the same games, and has the same apps. Probably the difference between the two variants is that the Pro is capable of rendering some amazing graphics for your games, as well as offering a whole new gaming experience with the availability of Virtual Reality (VR).
The PS4 Pro is for everyone
The PlayStation 4 Pro is for three very specific groups of people:
People who don't own the PlayStation 4 already, are interested in buying one, and those who want to get the most powerful version of the PlayStation 4.
People who don't own the PS4, are interested in buying one, and also own a 4K television.
People who do own the PS4 already, who also own a 4K television and are willing to pay $400 to utilize it with PS4 games.
If you fit into one of these categories, The PlayStation 4 Pro may actually be for you, and it would actually be worth the upgrade.
- Pokemon Sun And Moon Secrets: NPCs That Gives Free Rare Pokemon
- Destiny: Vendor Xur's Location Leaked For December 2; List of Rare Weapons Available
- Final Fantasy XV Guide: How To Create The Most Powerful Spells
- Game Awards 2016 Round-Up: Every Announcement, Award And World Premiere You Might Have Missed
- The Originals' Season 4: Release Date, New Characters And Storyline Revealed
- Vampire Diaries' Star Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder, Actress To Marry Mark Kassen
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Mark Ballas And Newly-Wed Wife BC Jean Have Epic First Dance During Wedding Night
- J.K Rowling's ‘Harry Potter And The Cursed Child' Award-Winning Play To Have Broadway Debut