Samsung Galaxy Note n7000 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update: Worth The Trouble?
Now that Samsung has been rolling out the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update to numerous devices, we're jazzed to see ParanoidAndroid 3.10 Custom ROM has been released for the Galaxy Note n7000 to help us along in the same endeavor.
We're particularly excited about the update's Hybrid Mode, which permits the user to run apps in the both phone and tablet UI on his smartphone. It makes the ParanoidAndroid 3.10 Custom ROM update for the Galaxy Note n7000 with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean something we know you'll all want to get into.
"This is why we love ParanoidAndroid because it is very stable, fast and comes with these amazing features," Team Android, which first brought the update to our attention, says.
Because, as always with these brands of updates, the ParanoidAndroid Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean available now for your Samsung Galaxy Note n7000 has not been released by Samsung itself; everyone integrating it must ask whether or not it's worth any possible side effects that can come with this kind of firmware.
It's also best to remember that the update will wipe out everything from your Galaxy Note n7000 using CWM recovery.
Before proceeding, you will need to make sure the correct USB drivers are installed. You can get some if you need them courtesy IBTimes here.
Please make sure the USB Debugging Mode is enabled. For more information on how to do this, check here.
Ensure your Galaxy Note n7000 has at least an 85 percent battery charge. And make sure the phone is factory unlocked.
If you're feeling lucky and feel prepared to try out the update for your Galaxy Note n7000, here's a brief tutorial on how it can be done:
2) Set up and connect your Galaxy Note n7000 USB mass storage on your computer. Use your USB cable for connecting, of course.
3) Don't extract when you copy the downloaded ParanoidAndroid 3.10 ROM and Google Apps zip files to your root folder on the SD card for your phone.
4) Turn off the phone.
5) Disconnect the USB cable from your computer.
6) Boot the phone into Recovery Mode. You can do this by pressing and holding the "Volume Up," "Home" and "Power" buttons at the same time.
7) When you see your phone is in ClockworkMod Recovery, you're going to want to do a FULL DATA WIPE. This is done by choosing "Wipe Data/Factory Reset." You can easily employ your volume buttons to toggle through options. Use your power button to select an option in Recovery.
8) Execute "Wipe Cache Parition."
9) Execute "Wipe Dalvik Cache." To do this, choose "Advanced" in SWM Recovery. Then just click "Wipe Dalvik Cache."
10) Go back to the main recovery screen and then tap on "Install Zip from SD card."
11) Click on "Choose Zip from SD card."
12) Employ volume keys to toggle through to the ParanoidAndroid 3.10 ROM zip file you should have now copied to the Galaxy Note n7000's SD card.
13) Choose it by pressing the power button.
14) Confirm the ROM installation on the next screen. The installation process will now begin.
*For Google Apps, just repeat 11-14, and you should be good to go.
Final Step: When you have the ROM and Google Apps installed, choose "+++++Go Back+++++." Then hit "Reboot System Now" in the recovery menu.
Don't get too anxious because the first reboot may take as long as five minutes to execute. Use the time to think of all the cool things you'll be able to do with your Galaxy Note n7000 now that it basically has its Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update (more or less!).
If you're concerned about it, just go to: Settings > About Phone to make sure you've installed the firmware version correctly.
iTechPost.com reminds you once again that updating your device in this way may lead to unpredictable problems, so it's best to fully educate yourself before modifying your phone or device.
Otherwise, have fun and enjoy!
Like what you're reading? Follow @profklickberg.
MORE IN ITECHPOST
'Tokyo Ghoul' Season 3 Delayed By Its Live-Action Movie? Ken Kenaki Returns With Another Identity?
"Tokyo Ghoul" season 3's release is delayed and there are countless speculations as to why it is being pushed back. Reports claim that the show is to give way to "One Punch Man" and "My Hero Acdemia" but new rumors say that it's lack of materials and storyline as well as its live-action movie are causing the delay.
Overwatch Latest News: Blizzard Releases Doomfist Progression Update On PTR
The latest Overwatch news indicates that Blizzard has just released the Doomfist Progression update on PTR. Among other things, new cosmetics will be added to this new character.
'Dragon Ball Super' Spoilers: Android 18 Vs Frost? Krillin Disqualified, Angels Hinted To Be Villains
Latest updates and spoilers for "Dragon Ball Super" reveal that Android 18 will be going against Frost. Meanwhile, it seems like the angels are scheming something behind the Tournament of Power.