Pesticide Designed To Clean Up Environment Ends Up Killing 4 Children At The Comforts Of Their Home
Pesticides are made to prevent the pests from causing any more harm to the locals and anyone in the chosen environment of application. However, it has recently been confirmed that a certain pesticide has led to the deaths of four children in Texas, just while at home.
Children Die In Amarillo, Texas After Being Accidentally Poisoned Of Chemicals In Pesticides
Just recently, it has been confirmed that an incident occurred last Monday in Amarillo, Texas that led to the deaths of four children and five others in critical condition. According to reports, someone from their home had mixed water on the area that was previously applied with pesticide. This has then caused a negative reaction to the chemicals that were in the latter, causing a massive discomfort to the people inside the home. It has been reported that there were about 10 people inside when the reaction came about.
The water was made to wash away the pesticide that was applied to the home, known as aluminium phosphide. However, the chemicals that were present in the pesticide are not compatible with water, causing people that were exposed to the pesticide to get extremely sick, and some dead. Among the four children that were proclaimed dead, one died at the scene while the three were still rushed to the hospital and died there eventually. The kids ranged from 7 to 17, according to some reports and that they were most likely to be most affected to the chemicals in the pesticide due to their young age and vulnerability of their immune system.
Incident Report Ruled As Accidental Poisoning: 4 Die, 5 In Critical Condition
It has been confirmed that the aluminium phosphide in the pesticide has been named in the highest and most toxic category of the Environmental Protection Agency. The pesticide was made to kill insects, bugs and the like; mixing it with water caused the pesticide to produce toxic phosphine gas which led to the casualties of young children. The incident was ruled merely as accidental poisoning.
Raw Milk Fad Left Six Poisoned
Award-winning Low Sizergh Barn Farm suspended sales following reports that six people got food poisoning after consuming their product. Food Standards Agency stressed that children and the elderly should never "consume raw drinking milk because it has not been heat treated".
Listeria Food Poisoning Leaves 1 Dead; 6 Others Hospitalized
Health officials warn that listeria food poisoining is lethal, especially to pregnant women, children, the elderly, and people with weak immune systems.
Alcohol Substitute 'Bath Oil' Caused Nearly 50 Deaths In Russia
Boyaryshnik (Hawthorn) contains methanol, a highly toxic substance. The alcohol substitute is bought regularly by locals because it is very cheap.
Strawberries Remain the Most Tainted Product with Pesticides In 2017
The Environmental Working Group (EWG) of the US Department of Agriculture, and the US Food and Drug Administration has ranked strawberries has having the highest rate of pesticides contamination in 2017. According to the EWG Shopper’s Guide to Pesticides in Produce, strawberries have the highest concentrations of pesticides in this year, followed by spinach. The group tested about 36,000 samples of fruits and vegetables, and found that about 70% of 48 farm produce contained pesticides contamination.
Beekeepers Step Up To Save Honey Bees
Beekeepers in South Carolina are joining forces to save bee colonies by offering beekeeping classes. The classes raise awareness on the importance of honey bees, teach how to cultivate bees, and how to harvest your own honey.
MORE IN ITECHPOST
How to Get Free Music for 90 Days: Amazon.com's Amazon Music Unlimited
Amazon.com has decided to offer Amazon Music Unlimited for free to new users for 90 days!
Biogenerators Solve Oxygen and Organic Matter Problems Taking Humanity One Step Closer to the Colonization of Mars
Elon Musk's SpaceX along with NASA has been really open about their objectives to colonize Mars and now with the new biogenerators, humanity now takes one step forward!
London Startup Company Brings the Virtual Reality Gaming Chair to Life!
A local London startup company has brought a gamer's dream to life by creating a virtual reality gaming chair!