Yoga Experts Created Routines To Relieve Menstrual Cramps
Every woman experiences their period in a different way, and for some, it's their worst nightmare. If you experience cramps before and during your monthly cycle, try this yoga work-out to get some cramps relief.
The goal of this routine is to relax and a gentle stretching will help to ease any pain or discomfort you have from cramps. You can use two to three blankets or pillows to have an extra support if you're feeling bloated.
Must-Try Yoga Routines:
- Give Yourself Space: Slightly than pulling positions in tight (like lotus), allow more room in between your limbs and your body so stances are more comfortable.
- Shoulder Loops: Sitting cross legged on a blanket or pillow, rest your hands on your thighs or knees and loop your shoulders in small circles back and forth.
- Neck Circles: Close your eyes and roll your head and neck backwards and forwards in half circles.
- Cat-Cow: Go through several more rounds of cat and cow poses to stretch your back. Put a blanket underneath your knees to add more comfort.
- Padded Child's Pose: Kneel and stack two or three pillows in front of you with the short ends between your knees. Rest your body on top of the pillows and turn your head to one side, draping your arms on either side of the pillows. Take five deep breaths in, switch on the other side and take five more breaths.
- Hip Swivels: Kneel, stretch your arms out in front of you on the mat and rest your butt on your heels. Swivel your hips slowly back and forth.
Yoga Is Not Only For Women With Periods, It Also Offers Other Body Benefits
Since this practice is meant to help you to de-stress and lighten cramping pain, go at your own pace, and adjust poses so they're relaxing for you. For the full 30-minute routine, check out the video below.
Wellness Update: Beer Yoga, A Fun Way To Get Fit!
If you happen to like really like beer but is conscious about staying fit at the same time, there’s a yoga type that you may be interested in. It’s called Beer Yoga, and it lets you incorporate beer drinking while doing yoga poses.
Chair Yoga For Osteoarthritis; How Effective?
Osteoarthritis happens to be the most common form of arthritis suffered by about 26 million adults aged 25 and above- according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Top 20 Most Popular Health Tips From 2016 To Kickstart 2017
Its time to embrace once more a new year with a fresh start. A journey towards a healthier, happier life.
Julia Roberts' Secrets: What Does She Do To Be World’s Most Beautiful Woman?
Julia Roberts, 49, is a mother of three. Unlike what some people might think, it is not so difficult to follow Julia’s routine.
Maha Shivratri 2017: Meet The Hindu God, The Master Of Yoga
Considering the many benefits a person can get from doing yoga how has it started? Get to know who has been considered as the master of yoga. And, as the Hindu community celebrates the annual Maha Shivaratri, are there significant dates that yoga enthusiasts need to remember? Find out the details
What Do Kate Hudson, Alicia Keys And Kelly Rutherford Have In Common? They Loved 'Kundalini Yoga'
Yoga has many variations in philosophy and style. Some yogas are structured as a physical workout. If you like your physical workout to come with a side of spiritual aspect in life, Kundalini Yoga might be the right yoga for you.
MORE IN ITECHPOST
The Role of Technology in Education in 2019
2019 is proving to be another great year for trends in educational technology. There are many upcoming trends that seem to have a bearing on the future of the sector with respect to technology.
New Retroreflective Material Could be Used in Nighttime Color-Changing Road Signs
BUFFALO, N.Y. -- A thin film that reflects light in intriguing ways could be used to make road signs that shine brightly and change color at night, according to a study that will be published on Aug. 9 in Science Advances.
Top 5 Video Games to Play for a Truly Unique First Date
Video games have a way of taking us outside of ourselves and live in a fantasy world. It's even better when you're playing a game with someone special!