Yoga Experts Created Routines To Relieve Menstrual Cramps
Every woman experiences their period in a different way, and for some, it's their worst nightmare. If you experience cramps before and during your monthly cycle, try this yoga work-out to get some cramps relief.
The goal of this routine is to relax and a gentle stretching will help to ease any pain or discomfort you have from cramps. You can use two to three blankets or pillows to have an extra support if you're feeling bloated.
Must-Try Yoga Routines:
- Give Yourself Space: Slightly than pulling positions in tight (like lotus), allow more room in between your limbs and your body so stances are more comfortable.
- Shoulder Loops: Sitting cross legged on a blanket or pillow, rest your hands on your thighs or knees and loop your shoulders in small circles back and forth.
- Neck Circles: Close your eyes and roll your head and neck backwards and forwards in half circles.
- Cat-Cow: Go through several more rounds of cat and cow poses to stretch your back. Put a blanket underneath your knees to add more comfort.
- Padded Child's Pose: Kneel and stack two or three pillows in front of you with the short ends between your knees. Rest your body on top of the pillows and turn your head to one side, draping your arms on either side of the pillows. Take five deep breaths in, switch on the other side and take five more breaths.
- Hip Swivels: Kneel, stretch your arms out in front of you on the mat and rest your butt on your heels. Swivel your hips slowly back and forth.
Yoga Is Not Only For Women With Periods, It Also Offers Other Body Benefits
Since this practice is meant to help you to de-stress and lighten cramping pain, go at your own pace, and adjust poses so they're relaxing for you. For the full 30-minute routine, check out the video below.
Julia Roberts' Secrets: What Does She Do To Be World’s Most Beautiful Woman?
Julia Roberts, 49, is a mother of three. Unlike what some people might think, it is not so difficult to follow Julia’s routine.
Maha Shivratri 2017: Meet The Hindu God, The Master Of Yoga
Considering the many benefits a person can get from doing yoga how has it started? Get to know who has been considered as the master of yoga. And, as the Hindu community celebrates the annual Maha Shivaratri, are there significant dates that yoga enthusiasts need to remember? Find out the details
What Do Kate Hudson, Alicia Keys And Kelly Rutherford Have In Common? They Loved 'Kundalini Yoga'
Yoga has many variations in philosophy and style. Some yogas are structured as a physical workout. If you like your physical workout to come with a side of spiritual aspect in life, Kundalini Yoga might be the right yoga for you.
6 Miracle Benefits Of Daily Morning Exercise
Movement in particular — like cardio, yoga or even one mile walk; it all makes a various approach. Go get some exercise; it's good for you!
Yoga No More: Boxing Took Over The Latest Fitness Craze
If 2016 was all about getting wash board over abs then 2017 is all about getting in touch with your 'mind and body' Boxing took over Yoga as the most searched fitness figure today.
MORE IN ITECHPOST
Mobile Phone App Designed to Boost Physical Activity in Women Shows Promise in Trial
Activity trackers and mobile phone apps are all the rage, but do they really help users increase and maintain physical activity? A new study has found that one mobile phone app designed for inactive women did help when combined with an activity tracker and personal counseling.
AI and High-Performance Computing Extend Evolution to Superconductors
Materials by design: Argonne researchers use genetic algorithms for better superconductors.
Owners of thoroughbred stallions carefully breed prizewinning horses over generations to eke out fractions of a second in million-dollar races. Materials scientists have taken a page from that playbook, turning to the power of evolution and artificial selection to develop superconductors that can transmit electric current as efficiently as possible.