Fallout 4 PS4 Mods Absence Due To Bethesda's Exclusivity Deal With Microsoft?
Lots of players -- most especially those who own Sony's console -- were bummed when Bethesda finally announced the cancellation of Fallout 4 PS4 mods. To some degree, the community felt like the studio failed them. Add to that, the tech giant didn't opt to release any explanation as to why the implementation never happened, thus the neverending confusion. Now, it's been believed that this was actually due to the video game company's exclusivity deal with Microsoft.
According to Express, Sony's decision to cancel Fallout 4 PS4 mods (even Skyrim) resulted from Bethesda's supposed exclusivity deal with Microsoft. This, along with the studio having failed to meet a certain agreement, is the main reason why modding features won't ever arrive.
Bethesda, nonetheless, denied the accusations, stating that this has nothing to do with the cancellation of Fallout 4 PS4 mods. That, in one way or another, the company has no exclusivity deal of sorts with the Xbox One console owner.
Pete Hines, in particular, shed some light on this ongoing rumor behind the status quo of Fallout 4 mods. He iterated that never did the studio plan to sign an exclusive contract with Microsoft. That, in fact, they have always wanted for the mods to be released on all gaming platforms back in June.
The absence of PS4 mods in Fallout 4 (and also in Skyrim) has brought major disappointments to the community. This is most especially that Farming Simulator 17 -- also a game from Bethesda -- is confirmed to feature a mod support for the aforesaid console.
Hines, nevertheless, explained that Fallout 4 mods are quite different with Farming Simulator 17 in a way. The term "mods," as he pointed out, mean a lot of things. That what the devs do with FS 17 is completely unique from how things work in F4.
It should be noted, though, that Bethesda is looking for a workaround that'll help bring Fallout 4 mods to reality. While this is something that fans can look forward to, the guarantee of its existence is close to none. After all, as what many suggests, Bethesda has to work hand-in-hand with Sony if they really want this thing done.
What are your thoughts on Fallout 4 PS4 mods being cancelled? Do you believe that the studio really has an exclusivity deal with Microsoft? Be sure to let us know what you're thinking at the comment section below!
Popular in Community
- Space News: Mercury Is Tectonically Active; NASA's MESSENGER Probe Indicates That The Planet May Be Active
- Reports Of A Bright Flash And A Loud Boom In Central Queensland Prompted Speculation Of A Meteor Strike
- De-Extinction: Should We Bring Back Extinct Species Back From The Dead?
- Massive Killer Asteroid Heading Towards Earth: Scientist Warns It Will Be The End Of The World
- Check Out This Game: Gears Of War 4 New Updates And The Coalition Raffles $100 Gift Card
- 'Mafia 3' Updates: 2K Games Declare Oct. 7 Release Date For Xbox One, PS4, PC; Voodoo Queen Forms Alliance With Lincoln Clay
- 'Resident Evil VII': Greatest Game Ever? - Biohazard, Updates, News, Gameplay; and More
- FIFA 17: Player Ratings, Release Dates, And Gameplay; Details Inside
- War Of The Kardashians: Rob, Blac Chyna, Kylie's Phone Number Leaked
- 'Batman' Movie Cast News, Updates: Joe Manganiello Reveals Very First 'Deathstroke' Comic
- ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Season 4 Spoilers, Preview: Agents To Face Fiery Foes, Cursed Apparitions; Punisher’s Possible Appearance
- 'Funny Or Die': Katy Perry Naked In Her Latest Video As She Appeals Voters To Vote