Apple iPad Mini 5: Release Date and Other Updates You Need To Know
Apple's soon to be released tablet could be called the iPad Mini 5 or iPad Pro Mini. Amid speculations, Apple Inc. remained silent on the rumored iPad Mini 5's release date and specifications. Because of that, it is not difficult to believe that the tech company will launch the device this year.
Many expected that Apple will launch a new iPad mini model from their latest appearance. Tech analysts and longtime consumers of Apple devices have known for a fact that the company is gearing up for their September event from which the company is expected to finally boast their latest products to the public, based on the report of Vine Report.
It has been speculated that the iPad Mini 5 will be unveiled along with the much awaited iPhone 7. But unfortunately, no new iPad mini was announced at Apple's event on 7 September 2016, which suggests to us that the new mini 5 will be released in March 2017. The same time frame of when the iPhone SE or iPad Pro was released.
According to TechAdvisor, here are the possible specifications of the iPad Mini 5.
- Processor:The iPad mini 4 features the Apple A8 processor and M8 motion co-processor, so expect to see the A9 and M9 in the iPad mini 5.
- 32GB storage as standard:The iPad mini 4 is currently offered in 16GB, 64GB, and 128GB versions. We expect Apple to ditch the 16GB iPad mini, which we feel just isn't enough storage for most users' needs. An iPad mini with 32GB of storage as standard would be brilliant, and is exactly what is offered with the new iPad Pro, so certainly a possibility.
- Screen:We doubt Apple will upgrade the screen resolution because doing so would go against all it said previously about the Retina display. As before expect a 7.9in Retina IPS display, but here with the possible addition of 3D Touch.
- Battery:According toCult of Mac the iPad mini 5 will feature a smaller-capacity battery in order to fit into 5mm frame, but using improved technology so it doesn't negatively impact runtime. The iPad mini 4 features a 5,124mAh battery.
- Cameras:No changes are expected here. The new iPad mini will likely feature an 8Mp camera at the rear and 1.2Mp at the front.
- No headphone port:The iPhone 7 ditched the standard 3.5mm headphone jack in favor of the lightning port. As the iPhone has lost the headphone connector, it's a possibility that the new iPad mini will do so also.
- NFC:Although it is possible to use Apple Pay on the iPad mini, doing so isn't seamless because it doesn't support NFC. Apple has bitten the bullet with the iPhone; expect it to do the same with the iPad mini.
- Aluminium chassis:We anticipate the new iPad mini 5 to be protected with an aluminum body. More specifically, the 7000-series aluminum chassis allowing the iPad to be thinner and more durable.
Other specs, such as the TouchID fingerprint scanner, are likely to remain the same.
iPad Mini's Death Imminent As Apple Discontinues Updates
News of Apple discontinuing updates for the iPad Mini points to its eventual death.
Apple iPad News And Rumors: iPad Get iOS Update, iPad Pro 2 Will Sell For $799 And iPad Pro Mini May Be Discontinued
News and rumors from the iPad front say that a new iOS update has arrived while the iPad Pro 2 will cost $799 and the iPad mini may be discontinued.
Apple To Unveil Three iPad Models By Spring 2017, Mini Version Still MIA
Apple has no definite word about the iPad as usual but there are predictions that three new tablets will be introduced in spring. So far, there is no word of a new iPad Mini model.
Apple iPad Air 3 VS iPad Mini 5: Which Is Better?
Two biggest and most anticipated products of Apple. The iPad Air 3 vs iPad Mini 5 comparison hints about the amazing specs and features of the two devices.
Apple iPad Mini 5 Preview: Superb Camera, Thinner Design And More Powerful Processor
Apple will launch some biggest product lineups next year including the iPad Mini 5. Here's a brief rumor of Apple iPad Mini 5 release date, specs, and features.
MORE IN ITECHPOST
iOS 11 Plagued with Untested Bugs and Early Adoption Pitfalls
Reports of nagging iOS 11 issues have started pouring in just a day after the software was released by Apple on supported devices.
'Tokyo Ghoul' Season 3 Delayed By Its Live-Action Movie? Ken Kenaki Returns With Another Identity?
"Tokyo Ghoul" season 3's release is delayed and there are countless speculations as to why it is being pushed back. Reports claim that the show is to give way to "One Punch Man" and "My Hero Acdemia" but new rumors say that it's lack of materials and storyline as well as its live-action movie are causing the delay.
‘Resident Evil 7: Not A Hero DLC’ First Gameplay Trailer Leaks Online
First gameplay trailer pertaining to RE7: Not A Hero DLC has just leaked on YouTube.