'Pitch Perfect 3' Cast News & Updates: Anna Camp Confirmed To Join Anna Kendrick And Rebel Wilson In 3rd Installment
(Jason Merritt/Getty Images)
It was just over a year after the box office hit "Pitch Perfect 2" came out in May 2015, and now with a new director in place and three original cast members returning, the Barden Bellas are almost out and about for a third shot with "Pitch Perfect 3." Another surprise came this week when Anna Camp confirmed that she will reprise her role as Aubrey Posen in the third installment of the movie franchise.
The seemingly reunion of the a capella girl group is now becoming more solid when Camp posted on Twitter a dramatic announcement hinting at her appearance in "Pitch Perfect 3." The actress confirmed that she was signed by Universal Pictures to reprise her role as the leader of the Barden Bellas, Aubrey, in the new musical-comedy movie. The actress is set to join other returning stars including Anna Kendrick, Hailee Steinfeld, and Rebel Wilson.
In the second movie, Camp only took a cameo role where she led a team-building retreat for Beca's (Kendrick) group at Fallen Leaves. Though fans are expecting the actress to take a co-lead role once again, it still remains to be seen what her character will be up to in the new movie since the plotline for "Pitch Perfect 3" is still kept under wraps. But with four of the original stars confirming their reappearance, speculations have it that a reunion will possibly be seen along with a few newbies trying to dominate the music scene.
The road to "Pitch Perfect 3's" possibility has been a rough one when Elizabeth Banks, who directed the second installment and at the same time acted for the movies, left her position to focus on her family. But her place was immediately filled up by director/choreographer Trish Sie ("Step Up: All In"). Kendrick has also been the subject of previous rumors, claiming that she will not reprise her role because of a feud with Banks.
"Pitch Perfect 2" enjoyed box office success and became the highest-grossing musical film opening of all time, earning $287.5 million of movie sales in its worldwide premiere, according to the Hollywood Reporter. This success led Universal to announce a third film, only a month after the second movie was released.
The production of "Pitch Perfect 3" is set to film in Atlanta and Universal and is eyeing a Dec. 22, 2017 premiere date.
- How To Explain Apple's First Annual Revenue Decline Since 2001?
- Budget Gaming Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 & GTX 1050 Ti GPUs Are Winners In Entry-Level Range
- Xiaomi Unveils Mi Mix With Edge-To Edge Display
- Porn VR: Adult Film Industry To Push Virtual Reality To New Heights, Consumer Backlash Inevitable?
- 'Ashes Of Ariandel' DLC For Dark Souls 3 Is Now Officially Live On All Platforms
- Are You A Mount And Blade Fan? Check Out 'Tiger Knight: Empire War', A Similar F2P Game With Positive Reviews On Steam
- Players Can Turn Team Multiplayer On In Civilization 6 By Editing The Game Files; Here's How
- Changes Are Coming To Call Of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Thanks To Beta Feedback
- Song Joong Ki Is More Than Just A Pretty Face; Here's Proof That He's An Angel In Disguise
- Drake, OVO, 6 God, Celebrates Its Birthday With A Bang, New Songs Are Dope
- Dragon Ball Super Episode 65 Spoiler: Supreme God's Ultimate Power, What We Know So Far
- The Walking Dead Aftermath: Life After The Death Of Glenn And Abraham, Is Carl Next?