Virtual Reality News: NBA Has Released Schedule Of All Games To Be Shown In VR
The National Basketball Association has released the full schedule for the games that will stream live in virtual reality.
NBA League Pass subscribers will get the opportunity to watch the games in VR. Post-game activities such as game recaps and highlights will also be seen in VR. All these are available to Samsung Gear VR users who have the NextVR app. Other VR headsets will be supported as the season progresses.
The plan to live stream in VR was announced a week ago.
The 2016-17 NBA has started and fans have already seen a landslide win by the San Antonio Spurs over the Golden State Warriors and a young Lakers team pulling the rug from under the Houston Rockets.
But the game VR enthusiasts are waiting for is the one between the San Antonio Spurs and Sacramento Kings, the first VR game in the schedule.
The Kings management has fully embraced the concept of streaming games in VR. They have already invested in VR studios and provided fans with VR headsets. The Warriors is another team that is entertaining VR. In fact, during their recruiting pitch to Kevin Durant, the Warriors handed the superstar a pair of VR goggles that showed what it would be like if KD joined their team.
The 25 games will feature all 30 NBA teams playing at least once. The superstar-laden Warriors will appear in four VR games while defending champion Cleveland cavaliers will play in two.
All VR games except one will be held on a Tuesday.
- October 27, 2016 - San Antonio Spurs at Sacramento Kings, 10:30 p.m. ET
- November 1, 2016 - Los Angeles Lakers at Indiana Pacers, 7 p.m. ET
- November 8, 2016 - Phoenix Suns at Portland Trail Blazers, 10 p.m. ET
- November 15, 2016 - Brooklyn Nets at Los Angeles Lakers, 10:30 p.m. ET
- November 22, 2016 - Portland Trail Blazers at New York Knicks, 7:30 p.m. ET
- November 29, 2016 - Cleveland Cavaliers at Milwaukee Bucks, 8 p.m. ET
- December 6, 2016 - New York Knicks at Miami Heat, 7:30 p.m. ET
- December 13, 2016 - Golden State Warriors at New Orleans Pelicans, 8 p.m. ET
- December 20, 2016 - Denver Nuggets at LA Clippers, 10:30 p.m. ET
- December 27, 2016 - Memphis Grizzlies at Boston Celtics, 7:30 p.m. ET
- January 3, 2017 - Toronto Raptors at San Antonio Spurs, 8:30 p.m. ET
- January 10, 2017 - Cleveland Cavaliers at Utah Jazz, 9 p.m. ET
- January 17, 2017 - Minnesota Timberwolves at San Antonio Spurs, 8:30 p.m. ET
- January 24, 2017 - Boston Celtics at Washington Wizards, 7 p.m. ET
- January 31, 2017 - Sacramento Kings at Houston Rockets, 8 p.m. ET
- February 7, 2017 - Portland Trail Blazers at Dallas Mavericks, 8:30 p.m. ET
- February 14, 2017 - Toronto Raptors at Chicago Bulls, 8 p.m. ET
- February 23, 2017 - Portland Trail Blazers at Orlando Magic, 7 p.m. ET
- February 28, 2017 - Utah Jazz at Oklahoma City Thunder, 8 p.m. ET
- March 7, 2017 - Washington Wizards at Phoenix Suns, 9 p.m. ET
- March 14, 2017 - Philadelphia 76ers at Golden State Warriors, 10:30 p.m. ET
- March 21, 2017 - Golden State Warriors at Dallas Mavericks, 8:30 p.m. ET
- March 28, 2017 - Miami Heat at Detroit Pistons, 7:30 p.m. ET
- April 4, 2017 - Minnesota Timberwolves at Golden State Warriors, 10:30 p.m. ET
- April 11, 2017 - Charlotte Hornets at Atlanta Hawks, 7:30 p.m. ET
NBA League Pass Introduces Mobile View For Better Smartphone Viewing
The National Basketball League has released the Mobile View, a new feature of the NBA League Pass which will allow smartphone owners to view games in a zoomed-in view.
NBA Games Will Stream in VR This Season
The National Basketball Association will start streaming one game a week in VR during the 2016-17 season.
PlayStation VR Out Today; Poised to Challenge HTC Vive and Oculus Rift
Sony just released the PlayStation VR, their virtual reality gaing headset, that is set to challenge HTC Vive and Oculus Rift.
Dissect a Brain, Disassemble a Car Engine and More Using This VR Laptop
In 2018, California-based tech firm zSpace launched what it claims is the first ever AR/VR laptop in the world
[Video] This New Technology Will Let You Feel How Giving High-Five Feels Like in Virtual Reality!
Researchers from Carnegie Mellon University have devised a machine that mimics the feeling or resistance of a real-life object that is seen virtually.
MORE IN ITECHPOST
Want To View Inaccessible Content That's Region Locked? ExpressVPN Is On Sale!
When viewing content online, you may come across content that's not available for you because of your location. A VPN can help you bypass those restrictions!
[Video] SpaceX Starship Prototype Explodes Ahead of Upcoming Historic Crewed Rocket Launch
Before the upcoming historic crewed rocket launch by SpaceX's Dragon, the Starship prototype exploded in Texas!
Darkest Dungeon Is Celebrating Its New DLC With A Free Weekend: Here Are Some Tips To Help You Out!
Red Hook Studio's Darkest Dungeon has had a new DLC released on Steam and with it a free weekend. Grab the PvP game and try it out after reading these tips on how you can play the game the best you can.