'Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them' Reaches $500 Million In Worldwide Box Office
(Michael Loccisano/Getty Images)
“Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them” is on the roll as it reaches a new milestone. The new “Harry Potter” spin-off movie from the same author, J.K. Rowling, has just crossed the $500 million dollar mark at the box office worldwide.
The said movie was just released on Nov. 18 and it has been greatly acclaimed for being one of the most anticipated movies of the year. With a production budget of $180 million and additional $150 million for the promotions and advertising, the film has already gained enough profit.
Despite that, the film continues to gross since being in theaters all over the world for three weeks. It has been reported that as of Nov. 30, “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” has already earned $163.1 million in North America and $344 million outside these regions. That sums up to the movie grossing up to $507.1 million.
Warner Bros. could not be any more thrilled with the successful reception of the spin-off movie. The president of worldwide marketing and distribution for Warner Bros. Pictures, Sue Kroll announced that this new achievement paves the way to a great and exciting beginning for the studio and the “Fantastic Beasts” franchise. Because of this latest feat, the movie might just stay in theaters in the US and the UK until January.
“Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” delivered a whole new world for fans of “Harry Potter”. It showed a mature version of the wizarding world full of action and politics. With it successfully engaging fans and viewers alike, many are now eagerly awaiting the sequel.
J.K. Rowling has already announced earlier this year that they are planning to make four sequels. Along with the first sequel being confirmed, Johnny Depp was also announced to star in the movie especially after making a surprise appearance in the first “Fantastic Beasts” film as the main antagonist, Gellert Grindelwald. It has not been revealed though as to when Warner Bros. is planning to premiere the sequel.
- Pokemon Sun And Moon Secrets: NPCs That Gives Free Rare Pokemon
- Destiny: Vendor Xur's Location Leaked For December 2; List of Rare Weapons Available
- Final Fantasy XV Guide: How To Create The Most Powerful Spells
- Game Awards 2016 Round-Up: Every Announcement, Award And World Premiere You Might Have Missed
- The Originals' Season 4: Release Date, New Characters And Storyline Revealed
- Vampire Diaries' Star Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder, Actress To Marry Mark Kassen
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Mark Ballas And Newly-Wed Wife BC Jean Have Epic First Dance During Wedding Night
- J.K Rowling's ‘Harry Potter And The Cursed Child' Award-Winning Play To Have Broadway Debut