‘Masters Of Sex” Latest News And Updates: Show Cancelled After Four Season?
(Masters of Sex/YouTube)
A recent Deadline report indicated that Showtime has confirmed that the final run of season 4 of "Masters of Sex" is its last. The last episode which was aired last month featured the marriage of Bill and Virginia. The announcement was released just after the airing of that episode.
The Show Received Several Emmy Nominations
In a statement, Showtime said "Masters of Sex" is a TV series that explored the changing sexual mores in the United States. "We are incredibly proud to have shared the story of Masters and Johnson for four critically-acclaimed seasons. The series will remain available across our platforms where new viewers can discover it for years to come," said the announcement.
"Masters of Sex" has modestly performed on Showtime's slot on Sunday nights. The series has captured an average of 2.1 million when the show finale was aired. The Hollywood Reporter quoted some sources who said that the decision to cancel the show was made not only by the cable network but the cast and the showrunners as well.
These three concerned parties have agreed that "Masters of Sex" has told the complete and full story of Bill and Virginia as true-to-life pioneers who demonstrated human sexuality in its fullness. In the show's four-year run, it has managed to gain several Emmy Nominations proving that it has earned the graces of the critics.
Season 4 Finale Featured The "Swinging '70s"
Season 4 featured the time in 1968 where the "swinging '70s" had its start. The main characters were looking for new partners in their professional, personal and sexual lives. "Masters of Sex" final season featured the two, Masters and Johnson, trying their best to save their practice from disintegration amidst the rebellion brewing in their clinic.
With everyone they know seeming to fall away or move in other places; Virginia and Bill were able to find solace in each other's arms. They eventually got married in the final episode of "Masters of Sex" season 4. It appears that Showtime chooses this conclusion to Bill and Virginia's complicated story and not pursue the tensions for another season.
- Pokemon Sun And Moon Secrets: NPCs That Gives Free Rare Pokemon
- Destiny: Vendor Xur's Location Leaked For December 2; List of Rare Weapons Available
- Final Fantasy XV Guide: How To Create The Most Powerful Spells
- Game Awards 2016 Round-Up: Every Announcement, Award And World Premiere You Might Have Missed
- The Originals' Season 4: Release Date, New Characters And Storyline Revealed
- Vampire Diaries' Star Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder, Actress To Marry Mark Kassen
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Mark Ballas And Newly-Wed Wife BC Jean Have Epic First Dance During Wedding Night
- J.K Rowling's ‘Harry Potter And The Cursed Child' Award-Winning Play To Have Broadway Debut