Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update On Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100G Available Via ROM
The ROM allows for greater customization along with a faster and smoother interface. It comes with default Android settings and additional Slim settings.
Disclaimer: iTechPost will not be held responsible for any damages to your device. Use at your own risk.
1. Note: The SlimBean 3.0 ROM and following instructions are for the international variant Galaxy S2 I9100G model and will not work on other devices. You can double check your phone's model number by going to Settings -> About Phone.
2. BACK UP YOUR DEVICE through a recommended custom recovery tool like TWRP or ClockworkMod (CWM).
3. Make sure that the correct USB drivers are installed for the phone on the computer (download Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100G USB drivers).
4. Make sure that USB Debugging mode is enabled on the phone by navigating to Settings -> Developer Options (if running on Android 4.0 or later) or Settings -> Applications -> Development (if running on Android 2.3 or earlier). If the phone is running on Android 4.2, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings -> About Phone
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and select Build Number
- Tap phone's Build Number seven times to unlock or reveal the hidden Developer Options under Settings. Then select the checkbox to enable USB Debugging mode under Settings -> Developer Options.
5. The phone's battery should be at least 80 percent charged.
6. Make sure the phone is unlocked and rooted with CWM recovery installed.
2. Connect and mount the phone's USB mass storage on the computer with the USB cable.
3. Copy the downloaded SlimBean ROM and Google Apps zip files to the root folder on the device's SD card.
4. Turn off the phone and disconnect its USB cable from the computer.
5. Boot the phone into Recovery Mode. You can do this by pressing and holding the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together.
6. Once the phone goes into CWM Recovery, make a full data wipe. You can do this by clicking Wipe Data/Factory Reset (use Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to select while in Recovery Mode).
7. Perform Wipe Cache Partition and Wipe Dalvik Cache under advanced option. This will prevent boot loops or any other boot ROM errors.
8. Go back to the main Recovery screen and select Install Zip from SD card.
9. Select Choose Zip from SD card. Using the volume keys, navigate to the SlimBean v3.0 ROM file you copied earlier to the device's SD card. Select it by tapping the Power button. On the next screen, confirm the ROM installation and installation will start (also repeat this step to install Google Apps).
10. Once Google Apps and the ROM are installed, navigate to "+++++Go Back+++++" and hit Reboot System Now in the Recovery menu. The device will now reboot automatically. Note that the first boot might take around five minutes to finish.
Your Galaxy S2 is now updated to Android 4.2.2 SlimBean v3.0 Jelly Bean ROM. To verify, go to Settings -> About Phone.
Galaxy S2 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update Now Available
It's been a while, but Galaxy S2 owners are finally starting to get that Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update they've been waiting for.
Samsung Galaxy S2 Gets Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update On Sprint
Some U.S. Galaxy S2 users finally have a long-awaited Jelly Bean update.
MORE IN ITECHPOST
Huawei Nabs The Top Spot In China In Q1 2017
According to the research firm Canalys, Huawei shipped close to 21 million smartphones in China in the first quarter of 2017 and claimed an 18 percent market share.
'Tokyo Ghoul' Season 3 Delayed By Its Live-Action Movie? Ken Kenaki Returns With Another Identity?
"Tokyo Ghoul" season 3's release is delayed and there are countless speculations as to why it is being pushed back. Reports claim that the show is to give way to "One Punch Man" and "My Hero Acdemia" but new rumors say that it's lack of materials and storyline as well as its live-action movie are causing the delay.
Here's The Game Lineup For PlayStation Plus This May
Sony just revealed its upcoming PlayStation Plus lineup for the month of May. Check them out here!
'One Piece' Manga On A Break; Chapter 864 Arrives In May With The Big Mom Assassination Plot Backfiring On Luffy And Capone, Jinbei Dies?
"One Piece" chapter 864 will not come out next week as it will be on a scheduled break following a holiday. Spoilers and predictions reveal to see Big Mom going furious for the destruction of the Mother Caramel portrait and fans might see a character dying.