Samsung Loyalty Survey Says 40 Percent Of Current Users Will Not Buy Samsung Again

This week, the South Korean tech giant officially killed their Galaxy Note 7 after several explosions of the replacement devices. Samsung stopped their production and sales of the device, urging all users to return their handset and avail a full refund or a replacement device either from Samsung or other retailers.

A Big "No" On Buying a New Samsung Device

In a recent survey, they found out that 40 percent of the 1,020 U.S.-based Note 7 owners answered that they are not purchasing another device from the smartphone maker. The survey was conducted by Branding Brand last Oct. 11 and 12 right after Samsung made a decision to discontinue the device.

In a report from GSMarena, 46 percent of the respondents who answered "no" have been Samsung product users for the past two years. Of those 40 percent, 30 percent have expressed interest in switching to Apple products while the other 70 percent will stay with Android.The result of the survey is a bad sign for Samsung, especially on its coming releases of devices.

"Samsung consumers say battery life is a key to their loyalty with the brand; however it's the same reason for the drop in confidence," said Chris Mason, Branding Brand CEO.

The Galaxy Note 7 Memoir

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 was first released last August and was dubbed the World's Best Smartphone of 2016, carrying several new features in a smart device including the revolutionary iris scanner that unlocks the phone, undoubtedly the first in the industry.

Unfortunately, just a few days after its release, many of the devices exploded due to defective batteries. Samsung did a voluntary recall on the device, replacing all the 2.5 million handsets all over the world. While Samsung is about 60 percent done in replacing the devices, another case of explosion happened, which triggered the firm to cancel the device for good.

© 2017 iTech Post All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

More from iTechPost