Fun Facts About The Episodic Series Of The Simpsons
The Simpsons is the longest running TV series in history. For almost two decades, Springfield's chaotic family ruled the television and there's no stopping them.
Led by the greatest comic creation of all time and also the greatest character of the last 20 years, Homer Simpson. Homer J. Simpson is a simple man with a simple life. All he wants is to eat donuts, drink beer and make love to her wife, Marge. Marge on the other hand is the over protective but fun loving mother of Bart, Lisa and Maggie.
The Simpson family embarks their everyday life with their normal day to day activities. Homer, who works at a Nuclear power plant who owns by Mr. Burns is like any other employer. He wakes up in the morning, eats his breakfast, go to work, then drink with his friends after.
The family has a unique relationship to each other specially the father and son duo. Homer has the habit of choking Bart if he made mistakes that pisses Homer off. On the other hand, Bart will do anything possible just to ruin Homer's day. Lisa is the complete opposite of Bart, while Bart is considered as the headache, Lisa is considered as the antidote. Together, they form a pact and rivalry that only a true brother and sister have.
The Simpsons is already on its 27th season but let me tell you some facts that you still don't know about the legendary TV series. So let's go ahead and check them out.
1.The word "d'oh" commonly used by Homer Simpson was added to the Oxford English Dictionary in 2001 The word's defined as: "Expressing frustration at the realization that things have turned out badly or not as planned, or that one has just said or done something foolish
2. Bart Simpson's name is an anagram of BRAT. His full name is Bartholomew Jojo Simpson.
3. All characters on The Simpson's have just 4 fingers on each hand,except for one with five: God.
4. It took Danny Elfman just two days to compose The Simpsons' famous theme in 1989.
5. In the opening scene, Maggie used to ring up on the cash register as $847.63 because in 1989, that was the estimated price of raising a baby for one month.
6. Whenever Bart prank calls Moe's Tavern, he dials the number 764-84377 (which is one digit longer than an American phone number need be). It spells out "SMITHERS".
7. Comic Book Guy's real name is Jeff Albertson, and Bumblebee Man goes by the name of Pedro.
8. The Simpson's couch gag is actually a trick used by the writers to make the show longer or shorter.
9. There are plenty of animals in the show: Patty and Selma's iguana is named Jub Jub, Krusty's monkey is called Mr. Teeny, Homer's helper monkey went Mojo and Mr. Burns' fighting monkey was called Furious George.
10. As you likely already know, most opening credits feature a unique message written on the school blackboard by Bart. A few previous messages have included: "I was not touched ‘there' by an angel", "Pork is not a verb" and "I will not whittle hall passes out of soap"
Lastly, The Simpsons proved that it needs a lot of chemistry and versatility to survive a TV series. Their creativity is off the charts and already produced successful writers such as Conan O'Brien. Let us watch some of the funniest scenes from The Simpsons.
‘The Simpsons’ News and Updates: Producer Thought That The Show Was Cancelled?
The producer of the TV series “The Simpsons” Thought that the show will be canceled. Actually, there were two times it became possible, and one of them just happened recently.
Jimmy Kimmel And Homer Simpsons Tours Springfield To Celebrate ‘The Simpsons’ 600th Episode
Jimmy Kimmel visits Homer Simpsons and goes on a tour around Springfield to commemorate the animated sitcom's 600th episode.
‘The Simpsons’: Fan Favorite Character Frank Grimes To Be Resurrected
Frank Grimes, the Homer-obsessed character that was killed in season 8 will return from the dead 20 years later.
‘The Simpsons’ Season 29 Air Date: Fox Announced Show’s Return On October 1
FOX has announced that a lot of its popular shows including "The Simpsons" will be coming back later this year for another season.
'The Simpsons' Writer Mike Reiss Reveals Japanese Audience Not Much Of A Fan; Show Not Entirely Political
"The Simpsons" not getting much love from Japanese audience unlike the rest of the world. Mike Reiss, show writer and producer feels strong affinity for political satire now more than ever.
MORE IN ITECHPOST
Welcome To InsurTech: The Next Generation of Insurers
With how quickly technology has advanced in the past couple of decades, it's no wonder that it is changing many industries as we know it. Insurtech is sure to give insurance companies a new look and a modern business model to go by.
How Do Personal Emergency Response Systems Work?
Personal emergency response systems, known as PERS for short, are systems that help people to raise the alarm and get immediate help when a medical or personal emergency occurs. They are ideal for older people and anyone with a mobility issue or an injury or illness that can cause falls.
Game Developers’ Different Roles in the Studio
Learn about the different professionals involved in developing video games. Becoming a game developer is one of the coolest jobs around and your 14-year-old self, perched on the edge of your bed as you play PlayStation, will thank you for making such an awesome career move.
Surviving Your First Year of College
You Did It! You’re Off to College! Congratulations! You have finished high school and are off to college. The sense of accomplishment is overwhelming, and you have not even graduated yet! However, beware of the pitfalls. The allure of going to college is often associated with one word—freedom. You are leaving home to be on your own. You can have all the friends you want, stay up as late as you want, and perhaps spend as much money as you want. If you keep your head, you can avoid the problems associated with college life.