‘Persona 5’: ESRB Slaps Game With Mature Rating, Release Date And Updates Inside
The Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB ) recently announced a Mature (M) rating for Atlus’s latest title, Persona 5. The game will feature an optional network system where players can instantly step in during battles to make it fun and worthwhile.
Persona 5 is still a long way ahead of us with its 2017 release. According to Persona Central, the U.S.-based Rating Organization ESRB issued the game an “M” for Mature (ages 17 and over) , based on Atlus USA's sales sheet.
Based on the ESRB website, the “M” for Mature rating may contain contents that induces violence, blood and gore, sexual and strong language. This result may not be that surprising given that out of 12 Persona titles that has been rated in the past by ESRB, 6 are rated as Mature namely Persona 3/FES/Portable, Persona 4/4 Golden and Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth. While the list of “T” for Teens rating goes to Persona, Persona 2/Innocent Sin/Eternal Punishment, Persona 4 Arena/Arena Ultimax/Dancing All Night respectively.
Originally announced in 2013, the game was planned for release in Winter 2014 for the PlayStation 3. Eventually, the game was delayed further and was slated for release in 2015 for the PlayStation 4. Fans of the game are very anxious and have been waiting for so long but that would only lead to further disappointment as they are informed that the game will come out sometime Q3 2016. The developer has stated that these string of delays has provided them ample time to tweak and improve the game so it can take advantage the PS4’s next-gen hardware.
We can only image the cries and agony of loyal fans when they heard of the news. For now, we can only hope that Atlus would take their words seriously this time and finally bring us the game we have been waiting to play for almost 3 years now. The game was released in Japan on September 15, 2016 for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. NA an EU fans has to wait until February 14, 2017 for the worldwide release.
- Game Awards 2016 Round-Up: Every Announcement, Award And World Premiere You Might Have Missed
- Get These 7 Popular Games For Free This December 2016
- Amazing Mass Effect: Andromeda Gameplay Footage Revealed In Game Awards 2016; Check It Out Here
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild News, Updates: More Challenging Enemies Revealed And More
- J.K Rowling's ‘Harry Potter And The Cursed Child' Award-Winning Play To Have Broadway Debut
- Emily Ratajkowski Unhappy With Nude Photo Book; ‘Gone Girl’ Star Furious With Photographer Who Published Book Without Her Consent
- Selena Gomez Hailed Instagram Queen Of 2016; ‘The Heart Wants What It Wants' Singer Cements Popularity Status
- 'Fifty Shades Darker' Star Jamie Dornan Won't Play Green Lantern, Mr. Grey Too Sexy For The Role?