Ex-Pearl Jam Drummer Gets Shunned From Group's Hall Of Fame Award, Responds With A Challenge
(Joe Robbins/Getty Images)
Old timer Pearl Jam drummer Dave Abbruzzese isn't happy about being forgotten as one of the members of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominee's lineup in the past. Instead of going after the Rock Hall, Abbruzzese has defied Pearl Jam to speak up against the "unfairness."
The musician performed throughout the band's Ten tour after the departure of Matt Chamberlain. His three-year holdings with Pearl Jam ended in 1994, but Abbruzzese believes he should be nearby Rock Hall nominees Eddie Vedder, Mike McCready, Stone Gossard, Jeff Ament, Matt Cameron and Dave Krusen. Chamberlain and colleagues' former drummer Jack Irons was also left off Pearl Jam's Rock Hall vote poll.
To be clear, every act on this year's deserving vote on some level (Check out the nominees HERE). They are Tupac, Pearl Jam, Depeche Mode, Bad Brains, Jane's Addiction, Journey, Electric Light Orchestra, Joan Baez, Steppenwolf, Janet Jackson, Kraftwerk, Chaka Khan, MC5, the Cars, the Zombies, Yes, the J. Geils Band, Joe Tex, and Chic
They're all marvelous artists who put out extraordinary work at some point during their professions. But looking back at the record of Rock Hall voting, there are some fads to pick up on.
"It's just a fine opportunity to see what Pearl Jam has to say in response," Abbruzzese wrote on Facebook. "Let's see if they do the right thing. It'll be interesting to see the spin that is put on it. That band and its management have never been ones to shy away when an injustice is done. Let's see if they still have the courage to fight the good fight!"
There were only five rookies last year. However, that came after three sequential years of six. Thus, those especially in a year with 19 nominees they get a half-dozen members of the Class of 2017. That last position will go to a band that's been named a few times lately. So, it comes down with The J. Geils Band, Chic, Yes or maybe even The Cars. I could see any of them getting in. In a close race between Chic and The J. Geils Band, I favor the latter's lovability.
The drummer added, "I've seen them change a 15-year-old settlement agreement just by ignoring its capacity and retaining the money that didn't belong to them to force me to take the transformation. They know how to play... their tunes! ... The crew of Pearl Jam have got to know what's the right thing to do. They can't rationalize and ignoring my contributions. Like me or not." [via Alternative Nation]
Click here to see the full list of 2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees. The next Rock Hall induction ceremony will take place in April 2017 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Martin Shkreli's Expensive Malaria, HIV Medication Has Been Recreated By Aussie Schoolboys
- Nestle: We Found A Way To Reduce Sugar In Chocolate By 40 Percent
- Everything You Need To Know About Aspirin: Can It Really Beat Up Cancer And Extend Your Life?
- Functional HIV Cure Found In Monkeys? Surprising Studies Show; Details Inside
- Final Fantasy XV Guide: Inflict Maximum Damage In Battle; Everything You Need To Know About Blitz Combos
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 News, Update: Majin Vegeta Has Returned In The New Raid Quest
- FInal Fantasy XV Guide: How To Find All Glass Gemstones
- Tom Clancy's The Division News, Updates: Game's Player Count Back To Very Positive Numbers, Says Ubisoft
- ‘Insidious: Chapter 4' To Explore Elise's New Beginnings; Horror Flick To Come In October 2017
- ‘Scream Queens’ Season 2, Episodes 9 & 10 (Finale) Spoilers: Green Meanie Sets Final Revenge Plan; Can Dr. Holt Save Dean Munsch?
- ‘The Bold & The Beautiful' Spoilers For Monday, Dec. 5: Bill Plots Sabotage; Steffy Accepts CEO Post Over Liam?
- 'Haikyuu!!' Chapter 234 Spoilers: Karasuno In A Pinch; Can Kageyama Adjust To The Nationals Court?