AMAs 2016 Complete List Of Winners, Highlights: Gigi Hadid Mocks Melania Trump, Selena Gomez Gives Emotional Speech
Show-stopping performances and emotional speeches flooded the American Music Awards (AMAs) 2016 held on Sunday, Nov. 20 at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles. Selena Gomez made an emotional, post-rehab speech, Green Day took a political stand against Donald Trump, while Drake made a shoutout to Nina Dobrev.
"Thank you very much. Me and Nina were on 'Degrassi' together... we've come a long way," Drake said. He also thanked everyone who helped in his album including his fans and his parents. The 30-year-old rapper broke the AMAs record with a total of 13 nominations this 2016.
Green Day took their political stand to the AMAs stage with their "Bang Bang Bang" performance chanting "No Trump, no KKK, no fascist USA!" Meanwhile, Gigi Hadid made an impersonation of Melania Trump's speech to the Republican National Committee (which she allegedly plagiarized from Michelle Obama's speech) while making duckface and speaking in an Eastern European accent.
Prince's sister, Tyka Nelson, accepted the Best Soundtrack Award for "Purple Rain" in her brother's stead and gave a tear-jerking speech. Another emotional speech came from Selena Gomez who made her first public appearance after rehab. "Most of you knew a lot of my life whether I liked it or not and I had to stop because I had everything and I was absolutely broken inside," she said. Lady Gaga was shown tearing up as she spoke.
Hadid's co-host Jay Pharoah mimicked Taylor Swift's Apple Music commercial complete with a treadmill prop before presenting Drake's new Apple Music commercial. Other unforgettable performances were Justin Bieber's "Let Me Love You" performance in casual clothes which made the audience tear up. Lady Gaga's rendition of "Million Reasons," and Sting's "I Can't Stop Thinking About You," "Message in a Bottle" and "Every Breath You Take."
Below is the full list of 2016 AMAs winners according to their official page:
- Artist of the Year: Ariana Grande
- New Artist of the Year Un-leashed by T-Mobile: Zayn
- Collaboration of the Year: Fifth Harmony Featuring Ty Dolla $ign "Work From Home"
- Tour of the Year: Beyonce
- Video of the Year: Justin Bieber, "Sorry"
- Favorite Pop/Rock Male Artist: Justin Bieber
- Favorite Pop/Rock Female Artist: Selena Gomez
- Favorite Pop/Rock Duo or Group: Twenty One Pilots
- Favorite Pop/Rock Album: "Purpose," Justin Bieber
- Favorite Pop/Rock Song: Justin Bieber, "Love Yourself"
- Favorite Country Male Artist: Blake Shelton
- Favorite Country Female Artist: Carrie Underwood
- Favorite Country Duo or Group: Florida Georgia Line
- Favorite Country Album: "Storyteller," Carrie Underwood
- Favorite Country Song: Tim McGraw, "Humble and Kind"
- Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Artist: Drake
- Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Album: Drake, "Views"
- Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Song: Drake, "Hotline Bling"
- Favorite Soul/R&B Male Artist: Chris Brown
- Favorite Soul/R&B Female Artist: Rihanna
- Favorite Soul/R&B Album: Rihanna, "Anti"
- Favorite Soul/R&B Song: Rihanna feat. Drake, "Work"
- Favorite Alternative Rock Artist: Twenty One Pilots
- Favorite Adult Contemporary Artist: Adele
- Favorite Latin Artist: Enrique Iglesias
- Favorite Contemporary Inspirational Artist: Hillsong UNITED
- Favorite Electronic Dance Music Artist: The Chainsmokers
- Best Soundtrack: "Purple Rain," Prince
- Award of Merit Sting
The AMAs is a yearly American music awards show which started in 1973. The winners are based on online voting through AMAs official website.
Mnet Asian Music Awards 2016: Lee Byung Hun, Cha Seung Won, Ha Ji Won And More Confirmed For First Lineup Of Presentors
Famous Korean actors and actresses including Lee Byung Hun, Cha Seung Won, Ha Ji Won, Han Hyo Jo and others were announced as presentors for the Mnet Asian Music Awards 2016. The ceremonies wil be held at the AsiaWorld-Expo in Hong Kong on Dec 2.
Miley Cyrus And Liam Hemsworth To Break Up Soon Again; Singer Causes Drama At 'The Voice'
Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth are rumored not to be on good terms. Will the Hollywood couple call off their wedding again? "The Voice" judge is also said to be causing troubles in the show.
Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez’s Long-awaited Duet Revealed
Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez's rumored collaboration song has been reportedly leaked and fans are going wild.
Selena Gomez Admits '13 Reasons Why' Is 'Hard To Swallow', Defends Show's Controversy
Singer and "13 Reasons Why" executive producer Selena Gomez is the latest person to defend the Netflix series on the ongoing controversy of tackling sensitive and dark issues.
Donald Trump And Melania Prepared Divorce Before Elections? Chelsea Handler Says Melania Will Become An American Hero
President Donald Trump and Melania have reportedly planned on getting a divorce even before the elections but Trump's win has prompted the couple to stay put.
MORE IN ITECHPOST
Best Ergonomic Keyboards for Students in 2020
Regardless of which grade a student is in, the computer is an integral part of every classroom. This makes keyboards one of the most important computer philepherals students need to pay attention to for comfort and good ergonomics.
How Do Personal Emergency Response Systems Work?
Personal emergency response systems, known as PERS for short, are systems that help people to raise the alarm and get immediate help when a medical or personal emergency occurs. They are ideal for older people and anyone with a mobility issue or an injury or illness that can cause falls.
The 9 Most Popular (And Fun) Internet Games of 2019
Are you bored of board games? What are the most popular internet games from this year? These nine are popular for a reason. Check 'em out!
Why your Company Needs a Comprehensive ERP Solution Like Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
Statista predicts that the whole ERP market's revenue will exceed $85 million in 2021. By that time, resource planning systems will be used by both SMEs and large businesses. Moreover, even today, it's pretty difficult to find a firm without at least basic ERP products that help to plan, organize, automate, and improve ongoing processes.