Overwatch Players Are Losing Their Cool With Season 3 Placement Matches
At long last, the 3rd Season of Overwatch Competitive Play is finally here. And as promised by Blizzard, rankings will work differently than it did in the past. Indeed, it's true. Unfortunately, it wasn't well-received by the fans. Heck, they're even frustrated with how placement matches work now.
Essentially, players will start the new season with no specific rank. But in order to have one, they need to undergo the placement matches. This basically determines their Season Ranks thanks to the studio's secret algorithm. It's worth noting, however, that this won't work the same as before.
In the 3rd Season, Blizzard introduced a couple of slight adjustments to the Overwatch Competitive Play system. In the past, if players are able to acquire 5 wins out of 10 placement matches, they're likely to be ranked in the Gold tier. But now, the calculation will be different.
The video game company suggests that in the previous system, there are more players ranking in the Gold and Platinum tiers. Not only were they "significantly populated," they're also placed way too high in the rankings. This also result to players discovering just how easy it is to lose their ranks since they're placed in the upper division.
Unfortunately, as reported by TechnoBuffalo, most Overwatch players aren't happy with what's happening. One of the many observations they have is that high ranking players in the 2nd Season are still moving up high. Mid-tier players, on the other hand, seem to be the most affected ones. They're either lucky to stay in the same tier or drop significantly to the bottom.
While this can be a frustrating thing, there's nothing that players can do really. After all, it's what Blizzard is hoping to happen. It's their goal to spread the players along the game's competitive ladder. Besides, the season is still fresh and changes might come sooner or later.
What are your thoughts on the new season of Overwatch Competitive Play? Which rank do you belong? Were you also frustrated with the result? Share us what you think at the comment section below!
- Pokemon Sun And Moon Secrets: NPCs That Gives Free Rare Pokemon
- Destiny: Vendor Xur's Location Leaked For December 2; List of Rare Weapons Available
- Final Fantasy XV Guide: How To Create The Most Powerful Spells
- Game Awards 2016 Round-Up: Every Announcement, Award And World Premiere You Might Have Missed
- The Originals' Season 4: Release Date, New Characters And Storyline Revealed
- Vampire Diaries' Star Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder, Actress To Marry Mark Kassen
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Mark Ballas And Newly-Wed Wife BC Jean Have Epic First Dance During Wedding Night
- J.K Rowling's ‘Harry Potter And The Cursed Child' Award-Winning Play To Have Broadway Debut