Sony Chairman Says The PlayStation VR Will Market Itself Via Word Of Mouth
After about a week since the Oct.13 release of the PlayStation VR, it has had its ups and downs. Of course, it is expected that not everyone is going to be bedazzled with it, having even reported that PSVR has several issues especially with its camera. Anyway, not every new console release is going to be perfect. But we have to admit, after around two years of waiting, the PlayStation VR is finally out and we are finally able to experience how it is to game in a virtual reality platform.
The PlayStation VR may have revolutionized gaming but Sony is actually hoping that this new gaming platform will grow over the years and the tech giant company believes that there is an effective way to achieve that goal. And we're not even talking about the press and media here.
Best Way To Market PlayStation VR, According to Sony Boss
How do you usually learn about upcoming games? And how do you know if a certain game is good or not? You may have not realized this but word of mouth is actually a very powerful media in marketing. Take an indie game which became a hit for example. Sony boss, Jim Ryan, hopes that this will also work for PSVR.
Ryan told iNews, "the typical 25 year-old connoisseur or core gamer will buy it, and then there will be people like their mum who may try it because they're intrigued by their reaction - that's how it will gradually snowball. That process of gamer-led evangelism is something that, when it happens, is extremely powerful."
Sony Marketed The PlayStation VR The Way It Should Be
We all have noticed how Sony marketed the PlayStation VR - from promotional tours, to having them displayed at stores (like Best Buy), the PlayStation company is indeed serious in showing potential customers and gamers what the PSVR is all about. In fact, virtual reality is something else. One has to experience it before believing that it's actually worth it.
Have you experienced what it's like to play games with the recently released PlayStation VR yet? Would you recommend it to your friends? Share your thoughts in the comment section below!
- Microsoft Collaborates With Partners To Create VR Headsets, Starting At $299
- Netflix's Black Mirror Episode 'Play Test' Could Be The Future Of Survival Horror Gaming
- Nintendo Switch Latest News: Games In Trailer Not Coming To Console; 2 Million Sales Target On Launch Achievable?
- Analyst Say PlayStation VR Has Foundation Elements To Be The Most Successful VR Platform Despite The Current Negative Reactions
- PS Plus November 2016 Free Games Update: Get 'Everybody's Gone To Rapture' And More
- 'Civilization 6' Rome Strategy Guide: How To Utilize Trajan, City's Unique Abilities To Win
- GTA 6 Release Date: No More 'Grand Theft Auto' Title Coming Soon?
- Grand Theft Auto Irony: Rockstar Games Punishing Online Players For Being True To The Game
- WWE News: The Undertaker To Face Goldberg At 'WrestleMania 33'; Spotted At Cleveland Cavaliers Opening Game
- The Different Women In Park Bo Gum’s Life; What Qualities Does He Want In His Future Wife?
- ’Moonlight Drawn By Clouds’ Update: Kim Yoo Jung Reveals The Series Character That She Has A Crush On And It Is Not The Crown Prince Lee Young
- SongSong Couple: Controversial Rumors That Brought Song Joong Ki & Song Hye Kyo Closer