iPhone 8 vs Samsung Galaxy S8: IP68 Dust And Water Resistance And Other Possible Similarities
The flagship smartphones of two of the most popular tech companies are up for a showdown in 2017. But rumors surrounding the rival devices show that they are more similar than different from each other.
The latest piece of news from both sides describes how the two smartphones are basically the same.
The Investor reported that the iPhone 8 will be certified with an IP68 dust and water resistance rating. The iPhone 7 only had an IP67 rating. This improvement in the iPhone's weather-resistant capabilities puts it at par with Samsung's recent devices. The Galaxy S7 already earned an IP68 rating and it is safe to say that the Galaxy S8 will have the same.
Both iPhone 8 and Samsung Galaxy S8 is expected to withstand 30 minutes of being submerged in 1.5 meters of water. According to BGR, an IP67 rating means the device can only last 30 minutes in one meter of water.
Aside from having the highest level of weather protection, here are the other rumored similarities between the Galaxy S8 and iPhone 8:
- Both smartphones are rumored to have more than one version. The iPhone 8 will come in 4.7, 5.5 and 5.8-inch variants while the Galaxy S8 will have 5.1 and 5.5 models.
- The high-end flagship models from both tech giants will have 256GB of internal storage. The iPhone 8 will also have 32GB and 128GB models while the Galaxy S8 will have a 64GB variant.
- The most prominent new feature the two phones will supposedly have is a curved screen. Leaked images and videos of the Galaxy S8 show that it will likely have a curved screen with slim bezels at the top and bottom of the screen. The same is expected of the iPhone 8.
- Both phones will ditch the home button. Apple will start using its Touch ID Fingerprint Sensor while Samsung will also embed a virtual home button under the display.
- Apple introduced the USB-Type C port and Samsung is expected to follow suit. One leak, however, indicated that the Galaxy S8 will retain the headphone jack despite adopting the USB-C port.
- An iris scanner will be a common feature of both handsets.
There is one more common trait that the iPhone 8 and Galaxy S8 share and that both are deemed the saviors of Apple and Samsung, respectively.
Apple Patent Shows iPhone 8 May Have Holes On It
A new patent surfaced detailing the possibility of the iPhone 8 having holes.
iPhone Turns 10: The Best And Worst iPhones Ever
With the iPhone celebrating its 10th year this year and the iPhone 8 expected to be another game changer, many are wondering what are the best and worst iPhones ever made.
8 Things You Need To Know About The Samsung Galaxy S8
A supposed image of the new Samsung Galaxy S8 has been leaked. Here are eight other things we know so far about Samsung's next flagship phone.
Check Out The Latest 'Leaked' Samsung Gadgets: Galaxy Z Flip 5G, Galaxy Earbuds
The stars of Samsung's August 5 Unpacked event will undoubtedly be the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra and the Galaxy Z Fold 2.
[Leak] The Upcoming Apple iPhone 12 Might Only Have 6GB of RAM, Why?
Why does the new Apple iPhone 12 only have 6GB RAM?
MORE IN ITECHPOST
Elon Musk’s Brain Microchip Neuralink Will Allegedly Cure Depression and Addiction
Elon Musk founded Neuralink in 2016, but what is the purpose of this brain-implanted computer chip? Musk has revealed additional details that you may find interesting.
Spotted in Deep Space: Never Before Seen Four Mystery Objects
A few mysterious objects that haven't been seen until now have recently been spotted in deep space thanks to massive radio telescopes.
A Leaker May Have Confirmed The Release Date Of 'Resident Evil Village'
A leaker who has been reliable in the past regarding Resident Evil may have revealed the release date of Resident Evil Village.