Parasites From Cats Cause Health And Behavior Problems On Humans
(Sean Gallup / Getty Images)
This single cell parasite known as "Toxoplasma Gondii" and is commonly transmitted from cats to humans through contact with cat feces can cause mild infections like a typical common flu. But when it strikes a weakened immune system, the result could be devastating as having a seizure or an acute lung problem.
Scientists have studied seven human behavior facts caused by Toxoplasma Gondii. They found out in their experiments that rats show fearlessness. Instead of their great dislike of the smell of cats' urine, they seem to be sexually attracted to it. And instead of avoiding it, they are drawn to it, leading them to their deaths.
Second, scientists found out that it's not only the cats and rats that host these parasites. It could also be found on any warm blooded mammal.
Third, other studies suggest that human behavior patterns may have been caused by T. Godii. As shown in rat experiments, when these parasites infect the brain cells, a high level of the neurotransmitter dopamine is released. This could display human behavior disorder like bipolar diseases connecting it to dopamine abnormalities; research in humans suggested impulsivity leading to suicide.
Fourth, studies also showed that T.Godii parasite is a factor that cause schizophrenia. When a pregnant woman gets infected by this virus, it could pass to the unborn she's carrying and will cause a long-term mental disorder to the baby.
Fifth, Scientists also found out that T.Godii is incurable. Only prevention will save the infected when exposed to cat and rat feces. Sixth, researchers couldn't find a figure that half of the world is infected by these parasites. A simple blood test could determine the presence of infection.
Seventh, most of the time, infection to T.Godii goes unnoticed. It is fatal to those who has weakened immune system and has preexisting illnesses that ushers the hosting of this parasite. Most people infected wouldn't even know they have it.
- How To Cure Migraines: Eat Right, Avoid The Wrong Foods
- Climate Change News: Scientists Accidentally Discovers How To Make Pollution Into Renewable Energy
- New Species Of Dinosaur Discovered In Australia; Could Describe Evolutionary Tree
- Monkeys Can Also Create Stone Tools Previously Thought Unique To Humans
- PlayStation 4 Pro Update: System Architect Mark Cerny Reveals Everything You Need To Know About Sony’s New Console
- Civilization 6 Tips And Tricks: How To Lead Your Civ To Religious Victory
- Metal Gear Solid V Has No Ending? Deleted FInale Plays An Important Role
- Nintendo Switch Update: Pokemon Sun And Moon, NBA 2K17 And Skyrim To Land In The Console?
- More Of Jasmine And Aladdin In Upcoming Episode Of 'Once Upon A Time' Season 6
- Selena Gomez Feeling Horrible During Stay In Rehab; Did Justin Bieber Cause The Meltdown?
- Big News For Klaroline Fans: Klaus' Rescue In 'The Originals' Season To Lie Solely On Caroline?
- An Awkward Moment: Joe Jonas' Porn Experience Has Been Peculiar About Sex