For all the Minecraft fans out there, lots of changes are coming to the game. Developer Mojang is looking to release an update that will introduce various improvements and bug fixes. But among these exciting things is the forthcoming arrival of Oculus Rift support to the title. Yes, the long wait is over -- the popular sandbox game will finally be playable in Virtual Reality.
According to International Business Times, the studio recently released the so-called Minecraft snapshot 16w32b. It will reportedly arrive with a couple of in-game improvements as well as a number of bug fixes. The company plans to keep on releasing new features "as a surprise to reveal at Minecon." Moreover, fans can expect smaller changes to be brought into the snapshot in the coming weeks or so.
Below are some of changes Minecraft fans can expect:
- A couple of mobs are now more afraid of getting drenched in water
- Spawning rates for some mobs have been increased
- Mob types have been separated: Guardians and Elder Guardian, Skeleton, Stray and Wither Skeleton, Zombie, Zombie Villager and Husk and Horse, Skeleton Horse, Zombie Horse, Mule and Donkey
- Both the hunger and saturation effects have been changed
- Resource pack format has been modified
- Most commands now use blockstate definitions
- Lightning storm will now attract less skeleton horses
Gizmodo, on the other hand, reports that the highly anticipated VR support for Minecraft is finally a reality. Originally, though, the Oculus Rift support for the game was expected to arrive along with update 0.15.6. However, as confirmed by Mojang, it is instead arriving next week, only with no specific date yet.
With Minecraft getting an Oculus Rift VR support, players can now experience walking around their own generated worlds. They can either use their Xbox One console or any other controller compatible with the said virtual reality headset.
It should be noted, though, that the VR support for Minecraft will only work with the game's Windows 10 version. For those who owned a different one, they can download the said version for free. Simply log to Mojang's official site and download the copy directly from the Windows Store.