Top 10 Failures of Elon Musk: The Mistakes that Made Him
For those of you who don't know, Elon Musk is not perfect and has run into a few failures within his life. It's easy to focus on the CEO's success but if you take a long look at his failures, you'll realize that the reason he is successful is that he has survived all of those failures!
69 days after 4/20 again haha — Elon Musk (@elonmusk) June 28, 2020
Here are the top 10 failures of Elon Musk:
1. Elon Musk applied for Netscape but was denied. Can you imagine the CEO of Tesla and SpaceX applying for a job? What's worse is can you imagine the CEO of Tesla and SpaceX being rejected when applying for a job?
Musk got rejected from Netscape in 1995
2. Musk got ousted as the CEO of the company that he started, Zip2. Elon Musk has had a fair share of losing his CEO status and the first instance this happened was in his first company, Zip2.
Musk was ousted as the CEO of Zip2 back in 1996
3. The very first PayPal product was actually voted one of the 10 worst business ideas ever! Could you imagine the convenience and consistent use of PayPal once being voted as the worst business idea ever?
This happened back in 1999
4. Musk crashed his new McLaren F1 that was worth $1 million. Yup! It's hard to believe that the founder of Tesla actually crashed his dream car, the McLaren F1 shortly after buying it.
The crash happened back in 1999
5. Elon Musk almost died from malaria while traveling to both Brazil and his own homeland South Africa.
This happened back in 2000
6. Musk was kicked out of PayPal during his very own honeymoon! Shortly after his marriage and during the honeymoon, Elon Musk was brutally kicked out of his position as CEO.
Musk lost his CEO position at PayPal back in 2000
Read Also: Elon Musk Confirms Plans to Make a 7 Seater Tesla Model Y: How Much Longer Do We Have to Wait?
7. SpaceX's first-ever rocket launch exploded. It took Musk time, effort, and a lot of capital to get the very first SpaceX rocket to launch but it exploded! This happened back in 2006
What's worse is that the second launch which was supposed to rectify the mistakes of the first launch exploded as well! This happened back in 2007 just a year after the first rocket failure.
It doesn't even stop there, in 2008, the third rocket launch failed again! This time, the rocket had NASA satellites onboard.
8. The Tesla Model S came with several problems like spontaneous battery combustion making it dangerous to drive. This happened back in 2014 when Tesla was still trying to get a share of the automobile market.
9. The Tesla Model X deliveries were delayed for more than 18 months due to manufacturing problems. Imagine 18 months! That's a whole year and a half worth of delays!
10. The last but not the least was the 5th rocket explosion that happened with Facebook's satellites for Africa on the rocket worth $300 million!
Needless to say, Elon Musk has had his fair share of failures but the Tesla and SpaceX CEO is now stronger than ever.
Time to Get an EV? Electric Vehicle Owners Will Soon Get Paid for Charging Their Car
If you're thinking of investing an electric vehicle, now is the time to do so as electric vehicle owners will soon be paid for charging their car into the grid.
CEO Peter Beck’s Apology Has Elon Musk and Other Competitors Support After Launch Failure
After the failure of the 13th attempt to reach orbit with Electron, Rocket Labs CEO Peter Beck has given out a public apology on Twitter. This has led to competitors, which include Elon Musk, to offer their support.
[Watch] NASA Announces Week Update: What Happened to the Artemis Program?
Could we be closer to getting to the moon? NASA provides updates on the progress.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk Is Planning To Have The Cybertruck Drive Across The Country Before 2020 Ends
The Tesla Cybertruck hasn't been seen in public much at all, but Elon Musk seems to be planning a grandiose cross-country trip for the electric truck.
Is Tesla Now Going into Fashion? Elon Musk Says They Will Be Producing Short Shorts! Could He Be Joking?
How is Tesla going to change the future? Elon Musk Tweeted that they will be producing short shorts! Was this a joke?
MORE IN ITECHPOST
VR-Controlled Robots Stocking Shelves in Japan Convenience Stores
In a certain chain of Japanese convenience stores, robots that are controlled by people in VR will be stocking shelves instead of regular employees.
Spotted in Deep Space: Never Before Seen Four Mystery Objects
A few mysterious objects that haven't been seen until now have recently been spotted in deep space thanks to massive radio telescopes.
Learn the Ropes of Assembling a Car Like a Mechanic in Wrench
You can read all the manuals and watch hours of video, but nothing beats hands-on wrench-turning experience if you want to get better at understanding how your car works.