Instagram lovers who own a Windows 10 tablet or PC can now make use of the photo and video editing app's features on the Microsoft OS.
"Instagram for Windows 10 tablets includes all of your favorite features, including Instagram Stories, Direct, and Explore," writes the team on the blog released by Instagram. "You'll be able to capture, edit and share directly from your Windows 10 tablet device."
Here are some of the features you can use in Instagram for Windows 10:
- Post and edit photos* - Instagram makes sharing moments with everyone in your world easy, speedy, and fun.
- Stories - Stories from people you follow will appear in a row at the top of Feed.
- Instagram Live Tile - Find out what your friends and family are up to at a glance.
- Rich, native notifications - We'll send you the notifications you want to see so that you don't miss important updates.
- Instagram Direct - Instagram Direct lets you exchange threaded messages with one or more people, and share posts you see in Feed as a message.
- Full featured Search, Explore, Profile, and Feed.
*Unsupported Windows 10
"Keep in mind," the developers note, "other devices running Windows 10 may not support certain features, like the ability to capture and upload photos and videos."
You can also capture, upload, and edit photos, but you'll need a Windows 10 tablet or PC with a touchscreen to be able to actually upload images.
Some Instagram tools won't work for desktop PCs that rely on webcams to capture pictures. Still, being made compatible with an extensive range of Windows 10 devices means this highly recognized photo and video editing tool is now a universal app.
"It's pretty clear the app is designed to work better on tablets, which are generally used in portrait mode," says Raymond Wong of Mashable.
Instagram on iPad
Although Instagram has begun to expand to more of the Windows community, the most-wanted camera application is still unavailable on the iPad. The absence of an official Instagram app for the Apple tablet forces iDevice lovers to use the unoptimized version for the iPhone instead.
Download the Instagram app for Windows 10 for free today. Head over to the Instagram Blog to learn more about today’s exciting news!