Samsung has already made it clear that there will be no supply issues with the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus. The company's head, Dong-jin Koh, said in a press briefing that there will be twice as much as Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus as there were Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge units last year. Koh said that since the company is preparing the supply without any issue, there will be no cause for Galaxy S8 delays. As per the chief's calculations, Samsung is prepping up more or less 20 million initial units of the Galaxy S8 series.
As per Sam Mobile, Samsung had to go through a shipment controversy way back during the Galaxy S6 era, when the company did not anticipate just how well the then new phone would be embraced by the market. Nevertheless, the company wants the public to know that there will be no similar issue for the Galaxy S8 since Samsung has already been expecting the S8 to outsell last year's Galaxy S7. It is worth noting that the S7 set a new internal record when it comes to Samsung's first-year sales, so the company has to go through intense preparations for the S8's shipment plans.
According to Korea Herald, local securities have made a prediction that there will be more than 46 million units of the Galaxy S8 phones to be sold this year. Dongbu Securities expects at least 47 million units worth of sales while KB Investment & Securities predicts at least 46 million sold units. Eugene Securities, on the other hand, has set a figure of 60 million units.
The Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus are expected to be made available worldwide, hence the millions' worth of units prepared. The new flagships will start selling on April 21 in many countries including the United States. More markets will then be hit as time pass by.