LetsPlayVideoGames.com reports that a source working on an NX game, which is set to launch holiday of next year, supplied some juicy information from sources they have been working with the past few days.
Their sources have given information on dimesions for the ongoing NX development which also diagrams where the power, headphones, memory, etc. will be connected. The sources agreed that the rumored layout and dimensions sound just about right.
(Photo : letsplayvideogames.com) NX Specs Speculation
Details about detachable console parts, can be separated from the phone also have surfaced.
LetsPlayVideoGames.com adds that they also have 2 other sources who claim that the current development kits for NX are REGION FREE, this is good news for us remote area gamers where support is limited. The sources added that the developers never heard of anything with regards to region lock.
On the other hand, blogger arcadegirl64 has published her (presumably) held information about the Nintendo NX.
Here is what I currently know about the NX prototype so far.
(Note: it's unknown how the final product might change.)
- In May, I said Nvidia was involved with the system. (Source)
- The screen is around 6 inches (6.2 to be specific)
- The portable screen has a 720p resolution.
- Multi-touch touchscreen (Haven't heard anything about a stylus.)
- 32 GB of internal storage is on the NX dev kit. (They may increase storage to 64GB for the final retail unit, but I doubt it.)
- There is an SD Card port.
- Dock Station has at least 2 USB ports on prototype. Not sure about final product.
- NX will support Unreal Engine 4 and Unity engine
- NX is below Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in raw power.
- Dev kits and prototypes are region free. I heard retail units will be region free too.
- Nintendo still plans to support the 3DS with software through 2018.
Thickness of the device
- Update: I heard the prototype was around 14mm in thickness. Maybe a tiny bit more than that. Laura Kate Dale heard 25mm from her source. Which is different from what I've heard.
- Update 2: Second source said thickness of NX prototype is closer to thebottom half of the New Nintendo 3DS XL.
Arcadegirl64 contacted letsplayvideogames.com's Laura Kate Dale to show her (presumably) the bullet points on quote above. The comparison of the details mostly matched except for some minor differences like where the analog stick should be. The two had different information sources which makes the rumor more credible.
A 'share' button has also been leaked to be included on the controller. This has also been confirmed by both arcadegirl64 and Dale. Terms for the share feature have also surfaced like 'Sharing' and 'Social'.
In addition, both parties have confirmed that the D-Pad will be separate buttons instead of the traditional 'cross' D-Pad.
Who's ready for the NX? I know I am, my phone just got busted and I am using a temp, saving up for NX, this should be good, hopefully! Are you getting one too? Please leave a comment below and let us know.