iPhone 8 vs Samsung Galaxy S8: IP68 Dust And Water Resistance And Other Possible Similarities
The flagship smartphones of two of the most popular tech companies are up for a showdown in 2017. But rumors surrounding the rival devices show that they are more similar than different from each other.
The latest piece of news from both sides describes how the two smartphones are basically the same.
The Investor reported that the iPhone 8 will be certified with an IP68 dust and water resistance rating. The iPhone 7 only had an IP67 rating. This improvement in the iPhone's weather-resistant capabilities puts it at par with Samsung's recent devices. The Galaxy S7 already earned an IP68 rating and it is safe to say that the Galaxy S8 will have the same.
Both iPhone 8 and Samsung Galaxy S8 is expected to withstand 30 minutes of being submerged in 1.5 meters of water. According to BGR, an IP67 rating means the device can only last 30 minutes in one meter of water.
Aside from having the highest level of weather protection, here are the other rumored similarities between the Galaxy S8 and iPhone 8:
- Both smartphones are rumored to have more than one version. The iPhone 8 will come in 4.7, 5.5 and 5.8-inch variants while the Galaxy S8 will have 5.1 and 5.5 models.
- The high-end flagship models from both tech giants will have 256GB of internal storage. The iPhone 8 will also have 32GB and 128GB models while the Galaxy S8 will have a 64GB variant.
- The most prominent new feature the two phones will supposedly have is a curved screen. Leaked images and videos of the Galaxy S8 show that it will likely have a curved screen with slim bezels at the top and bottom of the screen. The same is expected of the iPhone 8.
- Both phones will ditch the home button. Apple will start using its Touch ID Fingerprint Sensor while Samsung will also embed a virtual home button under the display.
- Apple introduced the USB-Type C port and Samsung is expected to follow suit. One leak, however, indicated that the Galaxy S8 will retain the headphone jack despite adopting the USB-C port.
- An iris scanner will be a common feature of both handsets.
There is one more common trait that the iPhone 8 and Galaxy S8 share and that both are deemed the saviors of Apple and Samsung, respectively.
Apple Patent Shows iPhone 8 May Have Holes On It
A new patent surfaced detailing the possibility of the iPhone 8 having holes.
iPhone Turns 10: The Best And Worst iPhones Ever
With the iPhone celebrating its 10th year this year and the iPhone 8 expected to be another game changer, many are wondering what are the best and worst iPhones ever made.
8 Things You Need To Know About The Samsung Galaxy S8
A supposed image of the new Samsung Galaxy S8 has been leaked. Here are eight other things we know so far about Samsung's next flagship phone.
How to Start Your Photography Career: Check Out these Best Smartphones 2020
Instead of buying yourself a camera, why not start with a phone to begin your photography career?
How to Fix Your Broken Samsung Speaker
Samsung has released a really easy guide to help you fix your broken Samsung speaker.
MORE IN ITECHPOST
It's Official! Uber is Buys Postmates for $2.65 Billion: Will This Save the Company?
Uber is making a massive purchase of Postmates for $2.65 billion!
[Watch] NASA Announces Week Update: What Happened to the Artemis Program?
Could we be closer to getting to the moon? NASA provides updates on the progress.
Minecraft Dungeons Jungle Awakens Guide: How You Can Easily Defeat The Jungle Abomination
The Jungle Awakens DLC for Minecraft Dungeons brings the destructive enemy boss, the Jungle Abomination. Here is how you can quickly defeat it.